Members and visitors - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:14 PM   #1
Edmund1138
Members and visitors

It occurred to me that only members of this group should be able to access the BOI, and that it should not be open to visitors. Perhaps that would induce our anonymous friends to sign up and join the rest of us. Just sayin'.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:22 PM   #2
Robert Walker
Moved to the Feedback Forum.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:29 PM   #3
Snake-Queen
I do not think that is a good idea. Some people look here before making a purchase & if they only want to search a name, making it so they have to have an account would discourage them & they may make a bad deal as a result.

If someone wishes to comment, they will have to make am account.

Old 03-26-2018, 04:26 PM   #4
WebSlave
Every now and again I will shut down thread content viewing in order to try to shake loose some of the Chinese search engine bots when I see the numbers too high in the visitor count. And a secondary reason for that is to jolt some of the visitors that are real people into registering, or just logging in, on the site too.

But I don't hold it in that state for very long as I don't believe it would work very well as a long term strategy.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:08 PM   #5
bcr229
I think that if logging in to an account is required to read the BOI, then Google may not be able to see it either. So, people using Google to research sellers won't be directed to reviews in the BOI and traffic will be sent elsewhere.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:32 PM   #6
Ryanrod86
I would have to agree, I found fuana through google results. If it haven’t been for forums coming up in google I may not have found it..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!