Another death due to butchers - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-08-2007, 03:46 PM   #31
Tim Cole
Angry Catch 22...

On one hand, they should be turned in to the local Law Enforcement for cruelty issues. On the other hand, the publicity may put a black eye on the herp community. I would try to locate either a herp society, reptile rehabber, or a rescue facility in good standing to assist with this to reduce the bad image if this is made public with charges filed. If a reptile based organization assist with this, it would look better for us as a herp community. Talk to the DA's office also to make sure they are willing to pursue this and prosecute.

If you get no cooperation from law enforcement, contact the media. Make sure you are ready and able to assist with the wellfare of these animals so they are not put down by local SPCA or Humane Society that are not equipped to deal with this. Have cages ready and notify a good reptile vet since exams are necessary and required for cruelty seizures.

I have assisted with several of these and have instigated one seizure.

It's a tough call and a lot of work.

Good luck,

Old 10-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #32
gotburms
Unhappy

thanks... is there any one on here thats in Sc near Fort mill... if so you should really Stop by and take a look at this place... "Carolina reptile exchange in fort mill sc". I hate to bad mouth any one but this place is disturbing and i feel that the animals there are in poor shape. I'm new to the area and not sure what to do. I didn't really whant to say anything to the owner while i was there. But when i got home i did some resurech on the place and found nothing good...apparently this guy has been involved in several scams. Any ways if any one has any ideas on what to do let me now. also is it ok to make post on other sites about this... Is It ok to be posting his business name? Any way i will contact some refudes in the area and see what they sugust. I can't stand animal neglect

Old 10-08-2007, 04:31 PM   #33
Tim Cole
Crystal,
You also need to post your name at the end of each post. Setting up a signature line is the easiest way to do this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!