The PROOF that venomoid snakes are not safe!` - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-17-2008, 01:22 AM   #21
pcrooker
Ouch..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post
So let me get this straight....a venomoid should be handled with the same caution and care as a venomous snake, since there is always a risk of envenomation. But wait, let's alter the animal so it has lost the delivery system that evolution has given it to survive and thrive. Seems to me if you are going to use the same protocols for both, why not just let the animal live without the mangling of it's anatomy. As far as I'm concerned, it's cruel. And please don't give me the 'they don't show any signs of pain' argument, because unless you crawl a mile in their skin, you really don't know. IMHO of course.
I agree, John. I am all for the right of people who are knowledgable and able to do it properly to own hots. But I don't agree with surgically altering them. It just seems barbaric to me...

Old 10-17-2008, 01:40 AM   #22
Bill Stonegate
PSS, now that I'm off my soapbox, I agree that the practice of (supposedly) surgically altering venomous reptiles makes no sense at ANY level.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:03 AM   #23
Bill Stonegate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O View Post
This is the unloaded gun. There is no need for this in the hobby. If the person can not take the steps to handle hots then there are tons of nonvenomous to get.
I agree completely, just dislike the "unloaded gun" metaphor. There is no such thing as an unloaded gun. There are a lot of dead people who assumed a gun was not loaded.

Guns are completely under the control of people who have and use them. A pissed off Elapid can be a bit more unpredictable.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:44 AM   #24
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Stonegate View Post
I agree completely, just dislike the "unloaded gun" metaphor. There is no such thing as an unloaded gun. There are a lot of dead people who assumed a gun was not loaded.

Guns are completely under the control of people who have and use them. A pissed off Elapid can be a bit more unpredictable.
The point of pointing the gun to your head was more of putting the trust in another to do something that could coast you your life. Like unloading the gun vs unloading the hot......

People asked for proof now there is and now they will say well..... It may not have been by a vet so it does not count.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #25
Lucas339
so here you go....don't buy them!

let other people make their own dumb mistakes. there will always be stupid people who are going to handle these things like they are ball pythons and get nasty bites. no matter how hard you try or how much you argue the fact is its not going to change anything.

so don't buy one! and if some asks show them your little video and let them make up thier own mind.

Old 10-19-2008, 06:18 PM   #26
devenomized
I saw the video on YouTube. I sent a msg to ask permission to post it on my website. Great information. On behalf of Venomoid, Inc and Devenomized.com, we have signed the petition for illegal adenectomies and ductectomies by individuals who are not licensed DVMs.

Thanks for sharing the link Gary.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:17 PM   #27
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by devenomized View Post
I saw the video on YouTube. I sent a msg to ask permission to post it on my website. Great information. On behalf of Venomoid, Inc and Devenomized.com, we have signed the petition for illegal adenectomies and ductectomies by individuals who are not licensed DVMs.

Thanks for sharing the link Gary.

If you put this up on your sites to show that there is chance for venomoids to become hot again that would be a huge step. And I would thank you for that.

That is one of the things I think should be put up on a venomoid dealers site. There is a chance for them to become hot again.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:22 PM   #28
devenomized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O View Post
If you put this up on your sites to show that there is chance for venomoids to become hot again that would be a huge step. And I would thank you for that.

That is one of the things I think should be put up on a venomoid dealers site. There is a chance for them to become hot again.
The video showing surgically altered animals with the ability to inject and produce venom is a significant step to show the general public why if someone is interested in purchasing a venomoid, they should only purchase the animal from an experienced licensed DVM. The pros and cons of venomoids is a completely separate issue as stated by the venomoid petition that I have signed as well as Venomoid, Inc.

It is clear from the video that at least one of the specimens' adenectomy and/or ductectomy was performed on the outside which is a procedure not done by Dr. Sabatini from Venomoid, Inc and including Mr. Hoser in Australia. Even though I understand Mr. Hoser's subjective opinions, I believe he promotes the wrong idea by performing his adenectomies without holding a veterinary license or degree.

As far as saying that the video shows evidence that venomoids could become hot again, that's not a fact, but your subjective statement and it is not the reason why I'm interested in including the video. We have discussed reparative regrowth of venom ducts in multiple occasions and you know as well as I do that it has only been proved on Elapids. Dr. Fry has stated and I'm paraphrasing, that it is his expert opinion that although vipers could have the ability to regrowth partial tissues just like other reptiles, they cannot regrow venom ducts to reconnect to venom glands.

With that said, in the video, are the snakes' (which happen to be elapids) venom glands intact and was a full ductectomy preformed? If so, there is a possibility of reparative regrowth and the reason why they were able to milk them; otherwise, the only other reason the "venomoids" were able to inject venom was because they were not venomoids, but rather snakes which was surgically altered by a person without experience and whatever attempts were done to remove venom glands and/or ducts were inaccurate.

I think it's a great video, but I don't want to send the wrong message about venomoids from Venomoid, Inc and/or any experienced licensed DVM in the USA.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:39 PM   #29
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by devenomized View Post
surgically altered by a person without experience and whatever attempts were done to remove venom glands and/or ducts were inaccurate.

I think it's a great video, but I don't want to send the wrong message about venomoids from Venomoid, Inc and/or any experienced licensed DVM in the USA.
As a medical professional, I can say without hesitation that even the best physicians have off days, and that medicine is an inexact science.

To say that a snake was devenomized inaccurately because it later produced venom is circular, it says nothing at all.

No matter how good the vet, in my opinion, the resulting animal is unsafe because there are these 'circular' incidents where the job is not done right. Physicians have off days, and vets do also.
I would certainly not let my life depend on such a procedure, and I personally recommend that those who do not want to risk their lives to an unneccessary death, should not purchase such animals expecting safety.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:08 PM   #30
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
As a medical professional, I can say without hesitation that even the best physicians have off days, and that medicine is an inexact science.

To say that a snake was devenomized inaccurately because it later produced venom is circular, it says nothing at all.

No matter how good the vet, in my opinion, the resulting animal is unsafe because there are these 'circular' incidents where the job is not done right. Physicians have off days, and vets do also.
I would certainly not let my life depend on such a procedure, and I personally recommend that those who do not want to risk their lives to an unneccessary death, should not purchase such animals expecting safety.

And this is the point I have been trying to get acrossed to many.

Vets are human and can and will make mistakes. It needs to betold to everyone tha purchases one......................

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!