Another death due to butchers - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-15-2004, 02:24 AM   #21
bcfos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardi Snipes
It is hard to believe someone would send a snake out like this.

Mardi Snipes

Well Bruce sure would and did..... Enough said about that as we all know about His business practices... Cough....con man Cough.....

Old 12-15-2004, 03:00 AM   #22
snakegetters
To give you an idea of what stitches on a snake should look like when done by a competent vet, look here: http://www.snakegetters.com/demo/haje/index2.html

Click on the small photos for an enlargement. This was a HUGE, nasty, swollen, gaping wound from which a lot of nonviable tissue was removed. You can see how large the wound was and how much tissue was removed in the photos on the top and middle rows. The bottom row shows the stitching procedure and the final result 72 hours later. Can you see the stitches in the last photo of the snake? You can see a little bit of residual swelling, but the skin is appositioned perfectly and the stitches are not easily visible.

The photos on this page show the skilled work of a licensed veterinarian using proper technique and appropriate surgical equipment. Compare these surgery photos to the picture of the dead hacked up snake above with Frankenstein stitches. It looks like he used dental floss to sew the thing up. Totally inappropriate. Somebody needs to go to jail for this, but the sad thing is that they probably won't since it's "just" a snake that they hacked up.

Old 12-15-2004, 09:17 AM   #23
Mustangrde1
Based on the information I have, I wrote this letter up and beleive if what I have heard is true might be the best way to deal with this problem. After it is confirmed by the buyer.

To whom it may concern at The United States Fish and Wildlife, South Carolina Department of Natural Resourses, South Carolina District Attourney, Fort Mills South Carolina Police department, Fort Mills District Attourney and KINGSNAKE.COM. There was recently a King Cobra sold through Kingsnake.com's classifieds which died shortly after arrival to its buyer. He ordered a VENOMOUS King Cobra and received one that had obviously gone though the procedure to create a venomoid " surgically altered to remove its venom glands."

The Buyer made a post on Kingsnake.com's forums to inform the general public to this in so much as he feared that someone wanting a venomoid had received a venomous reptile by mistake. The staff at Kingsnake.com apparently deleted his post and as such may be contributing to the harm of a member of the general public. The seller was _____________________________. I strongly urge Kingsnake.com to remove all the postings of _____________________________ in The Kingsnake.com classified and that The United States Fish and Wildlife, South Carolina Department of Natural Resourses, South Carolina District Attourney, Fort Mills South Carolina Police department, Fort Mills District Attourney and KINGSNAKE.COM.conduct an investigation in to thier activities as it may have deadly ramifications on members of the general public had a mistake been made. A King Cobra is capable of killing numerous people with a bite and as such this has become a matter of public safety.

I beleive it is in the best interest of public safety for Kingsnake.com to repost the thread that was deleted in the interest of public safety. Without doing so you may be contributing to the harm or death of a person/person.

Old 12-15-2004, 12:29 PM   #24
Rockford
I just don't get it!!

How is this not cruelty to animals? Aren't there laws pertaining to this type of cruel punishment that these poor snakes are going through?

WTF......Anyone supporting these venomoiders needs to be blamed as well. Would you go to a round-up? Pay and watch the show and buy a souvenir? It's basically the same.

This crap needs to be put to an end in the hobby. Venomoids should not be allowed to be sold on these sites. This is a complete lack of respect not just to the hobby but the animals. Not to mention all the huge negatives that go with Venomoids(like possible human death).

This is a huge "sore" in the reptile world that needs to be healed.

Bthacker

Old 12-15-2004, 02:38 PM   #25
Mustangrde1
Hammer this situation is going up on numerous forums to let the public know what happened and to inform anyone who may have bought from them there may be a danger.

Currently I know its on
Air Capitol Constrictors
The Canopy
The Reptile Room
The International Venomous Reptile Keepers Society
Reptile Forms
Reptilians.org

And I know more are going to help. Though Kingsnake may not be responcible the webmasters of these sites are.

Old 02-23-2005, 11:05 AM   #26
Blink
Something's fishy.
How can you not have realized the stitches when you first recieved your cobra.
They're sticking out like a sore thumb.
If you didn't infact order a venomoid, then the second you saw them you should of called and said you recieved the wrong snake.

I think he ordered a venomoid to being with, and is whinning now that it passed.

Old 02-23-2005, 11:43 AM   #27
Chris@TSE
I think you're responding to a thread that wrapped up two months ago and making yourself look like an.....

nvm

Old 02-23-2005, 01:20 PM   #28
Blink
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopShelfExotics
I think you're responding to a thread that wrapped up two months ago and making yourself look like an.....

nvm
Go on say it, What am I making myself look like?
Maybe if you spend as much time on your forum as you do here.
It wouldn't be dead.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:45 PM   #29
gotburms
Thumbs down Carolina Reptile Exchange

I recently visited Carolina Reptile Exchange in fort mill sc... and i was shocked.... I have never seen such a disgusting place.... all the animals where is poor conditions. the cages appeared as if they have not been cleaned in months and none of the animals had fresh water... most had no water at all. There where even dead rats that where decaying in one of the cages. a large alligator snapper in a small mental truf with dirty wated. The turtle could not even turn around... i honestly don't see how they are in business. You could not even see the fish in the fish tanks. The place was small, dirty, and smelled like death

Old 10-08-2007, 01:51 PM   #30
LeviathanNI
Is there not a statutory body in SC that can go visit this place? Something similar to our RSPCA/USPCA?

Thankfully the making of venomoids is against the law here.. a ridiculous practice... ahh I won't even start

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!