Plz help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Iguanas

Notices

Old 05-01-2014, 07:08 PM   #1
james ashley wilson
Plz help

I am getting a iguana and was wandering if I build a big cage for it would the cage b to big for a small green iguana
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-02-2014, 12:36 AM   #2
Ridiculous Redtails
It depends on the iguana really. Age and size play a huge role. Also the demeanor of the animal. If its really nervous, a big cage could be stressful and the iguana may not have the best feeding response. You also have to consider the environment itself. The habitat needs to be hot enough and humid enough. It may be difficult to establish these conditions if the cage is very large and depending on its design.

You should really read up on the requirements and why they are important. Its a great animal to have! Loads of personality and can be very awesome pets.

I know it seems smart to just get the big cage in the beginning to avoid spending money on multiple cages as the animal grows, but it can have adverse effects on the animals health.

Hope that helps. Post pics of your iggy when you get it!

Old 05-02-2014, 07:58 AM   #3
mely
In my opinion. If u want to tame it, you're better off building a small screened cage to where he can move his tail around freely. (i suggest screen and NOT chicken wire, because they can rub their nose against it so much trying to get out, that they end up getting a bad scar aka Nose rub and/or even choke themselves if the holes are big enough for them to squeeze their heads in it). Also u want to make sure he is getting the proper UVA & UVB lighting, with a proper diet that has calcium to avoid metabolic bone disease (MBD). So, don't build a Big cage, build one big enough to where he can turn Without having difficuly, & where he climb some. Hope this helps.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!