breeding question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-19-2003, 01:52 PM   #1
joshbrees
breeding question

How long after the first pair of eggs are laid should I expect the next pair? Also do you need to put the male in with the female for each pair of eggs or does one breeding session take care of it for the whole season. Thanks for any help.

Josh

Old 08-24-2003, 04:48 AM   #2
Angel_Q
For my geckos it takes about 20 days between the eggs..

The other question I don´t know.. I´ve had my male with the females the hole time.. But some people say that the females can restore the sperm, so..

Old 09-08-2003, 11:46 AM   #3
royalgoldreps
Clutches can be spaced as little as two weeks or as long as 6 weeks. I hate it when it gets to the end of the season, I think they are done and switch to maintenance mode and find stray clutches!

The second question is tricky too. Yes, one mating CAN be enough for a complete season, but there is no guarantee that it will be. I try to keep my males with my females all breeding season for this reason.

Steven-RGR

Old 09-08-2003, 06:06 PM   #4
gcsreptiles
On average my females will lay there eggs about every 14 days, sometimes up to 21+ days, but not very often. Like Steven said, towards the end of the season is usually when they are spaced out.

Female leopard geckos can retain sperm for up to a year. I house all of my leos singly except for a couple of female groups, I don't keep males and females together. I introduce females to the males enclosure once at the beginning of the season and once half way through the season (about 3-4 months in) for about 5-7 days at each introduction. I have been using this method for 10 years and have been very sucessful with it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!