Some Jungle giant photos to celebrate the new year :) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-03-2006, 01:29 AM   #21
A_Kendergirl
2 things...

The coolpix cameras tend to make the reds pop more then they should. I have a coolpix2500 and almost always adjust a little to the yellow.

That being said, you are in a huff (Ryan and Val) over what very easily could be your monitor. The photo on your monitor may, indeed, look "perfect" - but on my screen she is dull. So, if what is bright on your screen looks dull to others, doesn't it stand to reason that something bright on other's screens would look garish on yours?

No where have I seen Dan insult you. You guys need to have a margarita and relax for a bit.

Old 01-03-2006, 01:38 AM   #22
A_Kendergirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0 RYAN 0o
My final comments since I've already told you most of I've what I wanted to say. Before this post there was another where you had mentioned that "its a great camera it shows their colors perfectly." Now this more recent post you're having contrast issues. I swear in the past year you've taken about 7500 photos easily. I have a pretty firm feeling you know your cameras inside and out, you love taking photos. Something isn't adding up because at least in my mind, someone who spends that much time taking photos must know a thing or two about coloration with their camera. Stop pushing the color limits of your already nice geckos. The only reason I felt the need to post was like Val said...we watched this leo grow up and she's always looked like this. Watch her grow...

The only differences I've noticed in my photos is slight change in lightness or darkness depending on whether or not I take the photo with my light source or against it. The angle of the shot effects the lightness or darkness of my photos too. I have a few different photos of her growing up that show what I just mentioned. Some of the shots catch them perfectly and some are a little darker. Basically, not every photo you take is sure to come out perfect, but they all represent the leo accurately just in varying degrees of light. The final photo I used the flash.

I'm not out to be childish Dan. I just think it would be in your best interest to set your camera to it’s defaults and invest in some lighting. It will make a world of difference versus toying with the contrast. I know I’m not alone with the thoughts I’ve said. Frustration from our experience with this animal lead to this advice. Take it or leave it, I have nothing more to say.
In Dan's defense, this is a NEW camera for him.

As everyone on this forum knows well, I take about a billion pictures of my guys. This doesn't mean I know my camera inside out. I don't even know if i can adjust contrast on my camera. I do it in photoshop. I try my best to make my pictures accurate, but I haven't a clue what the heck the photos look like on other monitors. I have seen my photos on 2 other computers. On one, they looked fine. On the other, they were increadibly washed out. It's a fact of life.

Taking a lot of pictures means you like to take pictures, not that your an expert, and not that you are trying to "cheat" and make things look better.

Old 01-03-2006, 01:42 AM   #23
Valerie
No where have you seen Dan insult us..that is true. Maybe if you saw his original post in this forum early this morning..where he called Ryan a low life. He came back and deleted that, so he didn't look like a bad guy. If you saw..the things he has said to us in emails, the threats he's made, it would be a different story. All of that has been kept between them, because we didn't want to bring that to anyone's attention, it's a personal business matter. He HAS attacked us, there is more to this then just photos, that's been made obvious. If he wants to say any of that is not true, everything is well documented.

I have seen pictures posted by Dan for over a year now, where the oranges look neon and the colors are obviously insanely contrasted. If it's the new camera..then he must have had issues with the old one as well. If it is my monitor...then it must be the two monitors that I use, both of which are owned two by seperate people. I don't need a margarita to relax, I need this crap with this kid to stop.

P.S. Ryan has a Nikon coolpix 3100...why aren't his reds popping?

Old 01-03-2006, 01:57 AM   #24
surfrkidts
Oooh Shanti give me a break. I have a coolpix too and the thing washes color out. My oranges LOSE color. I have the same settings Dan told me he had, not to mention a better model. The pictures it takes could easily call for some enhancement, but its not right to do so. As far as the monitor, ryan is at his computer probably 18 hours a day. He does this for a living, i'm sure the color is just fine on his monitor. Not to mention we have people who wish to save their reputation telling us they can also tell the pictures have been messed with, so it doesn't seem to be our monitors. For those of us who have been in the idustry for a while and know our webdesign and or photoshop, we can tell when things have changed. If you want a list of things to look for i'd be happy to send them to you, or you could google it. There is a difference between correcting the lighting on your photo to give it a correct hue, and changing color. Contrast does not just change black and white, it gives colors different values. The gecko in question simply does not have the mustard tones expressed in dans pictures. I've seen pictures of that thing with both ryans camera and vals, and vals insanely picks up orange. It still looked creamy yellow. That "yellow" on Dans gecko has a higher value according to photoshop than some other breeders' geckos have that bred for intense yellows. In case you didn't know, most yellows on albinos don't look better than yellows on shtcts, (or at least not yet). I'd give your monitor an adjustment check just incase. Jeremy was right when he said there was a lot going on here not seen, and you have no right to say Ryan and Val are in a huff. If you dealt with half the crap they've gone thru, you might think again.

Old 01-03-2006, 02:10 AM   #25
A_Kendergirl
Well then, if they really are having such problems then it NEEDS to go to the BOI. Any person reading this thread that doesn't have the inside scoop will think the same thing - from what posts are here, they look to be in a huff over some photos and imagined insults. If that's not the full story, they need to take it where it belongs.

As for the camera, mine is the opposite. These are photos I took last night. The first is unaltered - and looks nothing like the gecko. The second I adjusted. Yea, that's right....more orange on the unaltered. The camera (and lighting) make a huge difference. Maybe it's just because my camera is a cheaper, older model. I don't know. All I do know is that my camera shoots towards red more often than not.

Old 01-03-2006, 02:17 AM   #26
surfrkidts
I am in favor of moving to the BOI, however I don't blame them for not taking it there. Reputations get ruined at the BOI sometimes i think that don't need to be, and no one wants to make the first post pointing at someone. as for your camera, thats the way the cookie crumbles, but dan said the colors were true, if he hasn't edited that part out. He is a hypocrite, saying the "colors were perfect" and then "I told you the contrast was bad". I mean, what is he saying? I can't decide which colors are good anymore. If his camera does indeed pick up more color, why didn't he fix it before he said that. as for him calling ryan a child, that was completely uncalled for because I was about to point out his hypocrisy myself.

Old 01-03-2006, 02:18 AM   #27
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Letkey
I have to say that there is obviously more going on here than most people know. I would suggest that any further comments are taken to the BOI.
I would suggest that everyone heed this excellent advice.

Old 01-03-2006, 02:22 AM   #28
surfrkidts
rich, is it possible to move this whole thread? i know that no ones wants to be the first to point fingers, and there are valuble posts here that should not be lost

Old 01-03-2006, 02:35 AM   #29
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrkidts
rich, is it possible to move this whole thread? i know that no ones wants to be the first to point fingers, and there are valuble posts here that should not be lost
Sorry, but no. I see two members participating within this thread that are not paid members qualified to post within the BOI, nor is a full name used in those instances.

But I do suggest that the direction this thread is heading stop dead in its tracks right now. Discuss leopard geckos all you want. But when you start discussing business practices of someone within this forum, then you are treading on thin ice.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!