Name Change - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-07-2014, 03:33 PM   #11
thephotoprincess
Guess I'm going to chime in - I also got married. Last name is no longer Stockman - it is now Venaas.

thanks!

Old 07-07-2014, 04:25 PM   #12
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by thephotoprincess View Post
Guess I'm going to chime in - I also got married. Last name is no longer Stockman - it is now Venaas.

thanks!
Done.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:36 AM   #13
clexman
I'm in need of a name change too. I only just noticed that I misspelled my own name when I registered. It should be Alex de Gale, not Alexi. Not sure how I fat fingered an extra I at the end.

Thanks!

Old 09-04-2014, 10:31 AM   #14
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by clexman View Post
I'm in need of a name change too. I only just noticed that I misspelled my own name when I registered. It should be Alex de Gale, not Alexi. Not sure how I fat fingered an extra I at the end.

Thanks!
Done.

Old 09-13-2014, 01:13 PM   #15
B.Doomster
canyou change names?

Old 09-13-2014, 02:07 PM   #16
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Doomster View Post
canyou change names?
Yep.

But member name changes are a perk of paid memberships.

If you are wanting to change your personal profile name, well, I need a good reason. Some people will stick their foot in their mouth with their postings and then want to try to bury it by obscuring their real identity. Naturally I am not inclined to allow that. In most cases, this change is the result of a female getting married and taking her husband's last name. If someone wants a name change from something like "Charlie Brown" to "Wyatt Earp", well, naturally I am going to be suspicious and may ask you to send me some ID proof of your real name before i will change it here. The question that is going to pop into my head reading such a request will be, "Hmm, is he lying now or did he lie then, at registration?"

Old 09-15-2014, 08:18 PM   #17
Raising Reptiles
Hey Rich, when I originally created this account it was for personal browsing and interaction. I'd like to start using this account for my business (Raising Bearded Dragons) but didn't want to create a new account with that name, so it wouldn't be confusing for you guys. Is that okay with you?

Old 09-16-2014, 03:03 AM   #18
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyth0nW1zard View Post
Hey Rich, when I originally created this account it was for personal browsing and interaction. I'd like to start using this account for my business (Raising Bearded Dragons) but didn't want to create a new account with that name, so it wouldn't be confusing for you guys. Is that okay with you?
Not sure what you are asking me, but the rule here is one account per person, and one person per account. A member name change is a perk of paid memberships, and creating a new account to bypass that requirement is kind of frowned on.

Does that answer your question?

{soapbox ON}
I hope I don't have to address the issue someday of dividing memberships into two classes. One for personal use, and the other for commercial use. I guess I was hoping that anyone using this site for commercial purposes would understand that it is in their best interests that this site remain viable and BE HERE for them to use in that manner. So helping out financially is a large step in that direction. I don't require anyone to pay to advertise their ads in the classifieds sections, but being realistic, if this site goes away, so does that available avenue for their use.

I'll be perfectly frank about it. I'm retired. I can't afford to run this site if it ever runs into the red, even a little bit. I sure as heck am not going to be dipping into my retirement savings just to keep a site running for people to use to advertise selling their animals for free. Trying not to be blunt, but perhaps some people don't realize the situation now. There is NO SerpenCo to help pay the bills any longer. Everything has to come out of advertising, sponsorships, and memberships to pay to keep my sites alive and hopefully operate far enough in the black that this will help supplement my retirement. Heck, I still spend far more time behind the scenes here than any sane "retired" person ought to. So far this doesn't look like it will be a near term issue, but I know how things can change on a dime with this stuff. So every now and again I've got to toot on the horn a bit to remind people.
{soapbox OFF}

Sorry about stepping up on the soapbox, but I've been dealing with an issue relevant to the above that has this whirling around in my brain at the moment.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:32 PM   #19
Raising Reptiles
You answered my question, thanks! I appreciate you getting "on the soapbox" because it helps me and I'm sure everyone else truly take into account your situation. We're grateful that you are working so hard to keep this site up and running, it's an invaluable resource for the reptile world!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!