Moderator hhmoore - showing favoritism - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-17-2014, 02:51 PM   #11
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsimon6 View Post
I've tried my best to make things better with Lucille, it's not really working..
I felt like I may have offended her more that I was ever trying to.. What can be done?
Earning redemption and avoiding personal consequences for poor choices in words and actions are completely different.
If you wish to earn redemption, you've had plenty of advice from many different members here on how to proceed.

What you were or were not trying to do is problematic, we cannot see inside your mind. And given that you have posted that you were lying about being a Marine, I'm not sure how much credence to give your past words.

If you are making changes for the right reason, work on redemption for the future, while realizing that your past written words will continue to be discussed, because such a discussion is part of the consequence of writing them.

Old 05-17-2014, 03:24 PM   #12
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
And given that you have posted that you were lying about being a Marine, I'm not sure how much credence to give your past words.
Wait, so Mr. Holier-Than-Thou-Attitude was lying about being a Marine? Oh that's rich!

So basically we can't trust anything he's said because he thinks lying about everything is a little game. Got it. I now no how to proceed with any and everything that he says.

Old 05-17-2014, 03:35 PM   #13
davidsimon6
Redemption... If possible

Old 05-17-2014, 05:57 PM   #14
hhmoore
I don't necessarily believe he was lying about being a Marine, though he may have exaggerated some of the details (like having been blown up and shot). It was after being called on to verify those claims, and promising to do so, that he reversed himself.
I also called him on his post to Rich - the one in which he made comments about working on a mobile app for this site - but he fell well short of convincing me that Rich had commissioned him to do so. I don't doubt that he approached the subject; I just think he read more into Rich's response/responses than Rich had intended.
Self aggrandizement is a fairly common thing; but exaggeration is dangerous because there is no way to save face when one is called upon to verify claims.

Old 05-17-2014, 06:04 PM   #15
Lucille
Here is what he said:
Quote:
I was never a Marine, just leave it at that. I lied.

Old 05-17-2014, 06:05 PM   #16
davidsimon6
I know that I'm having issues here guys, but I wouldn't count me as a lier to be one of those issues.

Ill always be a Marine.
I've gotten jacked up durring my time in the Marines.
And I did talk to rich many times about a moble app for fauna, I've even spent a fair amount of money for the development of it.

Old 05-17-2014, 06:09 PM   #17
davidsimon6
I do thank you all for your more "kinder" responses. Even Dan sent me a dang good PM that I will respond to once I have time to sit down.

I'm going to be taking care of my dad as I mentioned.
It's causing me enough stress as is.
Ill catch will you all later.

Old 05-17-2014, 06:36 PM   #18
hhmoore
Quote:
Here is what he said:
Let's be fair about this, Lucille, by putting it in context. David had been challenged on his claim of being blown up and shot, and asked for the documentation. Initially, he agreed; but then a short time later he posted:
Quote:
Brian, I'm not going to send you anything. I don't think me proving anything is going to change your opinion of me so why bother. I was never a Marine, just leave it at that. I lied.
There you go, that's what you want to hear. Be pissed off.

David - if your father is in poor health; make him your priority while you have time. You can address things here at a later time. Some may continue to post; but as the thread starter, and the person you had been calling out, I'm willing to wait. Anybody else will figure out out when you don't reply, as long as you don't halfass it by popping in and out of the thread at random.

Old 05-17-2014, 06:45 PM   #19
Lucille
Even in context, it is difficult to reissue meaning for these words
Quote:
I lied.
I agree that if his father needs care,(After admitting a lie, whatever he says is to me, suspect) that comes first.

Old 05-17-2014, 07:37 PM   #20
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Even in context, it is difficult to reissue meaning for these words
I agree that if his father needs care,(After admitting a lie, whatever he says is to me, suspect) that comes first.
Sorry, but I read it as sarcasm when asked to prove that he was a Marine and PH recipient before he even stated so a couple of posts later.

Quote:
And as far as my " I'm Not A Marine statement", The internet robs the sarcastic expression on that. but ok what ever,

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!