Moderator hhmoore - showing favoritism - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-17-2014, 08:00 PM   #21
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
Wait, so Mr. Holier-Than-Thou-Attitude was lying about being a Marine? Oh that's rich!

So basically we can't trust anything he's said because he thinks lying about everything is a little game. Got it. I now no how to proceed with any and everything that he says.
No, he wasn't lying about being a Marine.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:42 PM   #22
RDLinATL
I think he's definitely worth a shot. As others have pointed out, redemption is earned. I feel he's gone the extra way to not only address what he's done but to admit that he was wrong on pretty much every single occasion.

Will he be under a microscope for a while... yeah
Will the ones he crossed forgive him.. maybe not

I think the guy definitely has potential in the herp community though. And just my 2 cents but I could see a lot of situations where him saying he was "blown up" or "shot [at]" could be misconstrued. If I had an ied go off and it just happen to knock me on my ass or even a training exercise I could see myself saying I was blown up.

He's come off condescending and arrogant and many things he's done were wrong (like calling somebody's home) but I think he has the mental capacity to learn from it. So anyways I thank him for his service and hope he becomes a great contributor to the forums as I don't really think he's done anything to really hurt anybody. So he's got a pass in my book

Old 05-18-2014, 12:03 AM   #23
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
No, he wasn't lying about being a Marine.
So instead he just lied about being an honored Marine. Either way, still bs.

In my eyes, he's lost ANY redemption he might have had a chance of earning. I have absolutely NO respect for those that lie to try to better themselves. It's stupid and unreasonable.

He can try all he wants, but I won't trust anything that comes out of his mouth unless it's backed up with proof.

Old 05-18-2014, 12:52 AM   #24
RDLinATL
I'm not trying to be a fan boy of his but I just want to say two things.
1. The only reason people lie is to "better" themselves and I would think everybody has lied before.
2. There is almost no such thing as a non honored service member.
I understand where your coming from and I even pointed out that he probably wouldn't be forgiven by everybody as a result of his actions. I just don't believe a person's character should be completely judged based solely on a few low mistakes (that they happened to publicly admit were wrong). I'd sure wish I wasn't.

Old 05-18-2014, 01:53 AM   #25
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDLinATL View Post
1. The only reason people lie is to "better" themselves and I would think everybody has lied before.
I understand where your coming from and I even pointed out that he probably wouldn't be forgiven by everybody as a result of his actions. I just don't believe a person's character should be completely judged based solely on a few low mistakes (that they happened to publicly admit were wrong). I'd sure wish I wasn't.
In such an impersonal medium as the internet, everything that's posted goes towards establishing one's credibility. We're all constantly being judged, especially when there's the possibility of money changing hands. Think of it in terms of him trying to sell a product - his idea of himself; which is essentially what he's been trying to do. What you choose to see as "low mistakes" will likely be much more rigorously extrapolated by those who've seen this pattern play out numerous times. If someone lies to "better themselves" in their personal life, it's not a stretch to believe that they'll extend the practice into their business affairs.

While there's nothing to show that he's done bad business thus far, he's done some serious damage to his general credibility. Even something as seemingly trivial as his claim that I left him karma "over and over and over" is deserving of scrutiny. If someone can't be counted on to be honest about the little things, that's never a good sign. Not to say that he's a compulsive liar that needs to be avoided; I just think he's overly impetuous and lacks the proper perspective to see the 'big picture.'

While the ability to admit one's faults and mistakes can be admirable; let's not pretend that it was an example of satori. He was forcibly dragged to that point, kicking and screaming every step of the way.

I've offered him some advice and perspective. Maybe it'll be of some use to him. Who knows? Thus ends any particular interest I've had in this situation. His future here is no more or less than what he chooses to make of it. At the very least, I suspect that he's not likely to want to be the center of attention any time soon. That may be a good start.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:35 AM   #26
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
So instead he just lied about being an honored Marine. Either way, still bs.

In my eyes, he's lost ANY redemption he might have had a chance of earning. I have absolutely NO respect for those that lie to try to better themselves. It's stupid and unreasonable.

He can try all he wants, but I won't trust anything that comes out of his mouth unless it's backed up with proof.
If he is in need and is a Marine,we owe him that! All of us ! I just would like to know. I went off on him and now it's haunting me. My son is serving with the Corps. and I would do anything I could to help if he or any other Marine was in need. Some of these guys come back pretty screwed up.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:41 AM   #27
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
If he is in need and is a Marine,we owe him that! All of us ! I just would like to know. I went off on him and now it's haunting me. My son is serving with the Corps. and I would do anything I could to help if he or any other Marine was in need. Some of these guys come back pretty screwed up.
You have made some good points.
I don't know if you feel the same way, but I'm willing to go out of my way to help those in need and their families, but feel much different if someone is disrespectful and just out to play others.
I have a lot of respect for those in the Armed Forces.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:47 AM   #28
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDLinATL View Post
I'm not trying to be a fan boy of his but I just want to say two things.
No, I will call your bluff on #2. Just because you're in the service doesn't make you honored. If you start acting a fool, lying, treating other people like crap, then you NO LONGER have the honor of being an honored service member.

My father spent 20+ years in the Army, and has NEVER EVER acted a fool like this child has. If it is possible for servicemen/women who are retired to not act a fool, then someone that's in shouldn't act a fool either.

It's UNACCEPTABLE!

As for #1, if he wants to lie, then so be it. But he's gotten caught multiple times, and it's not going to make his credibility any better. Just because he hasn't had a bad transaction on here doesn't mean people aren't reading what he's been spewing off at the mouth about. And some people, (like myself) take that into account and will flat out refuse to do business with him because of it. So by all means, let him continue to shoot himself in the foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
You know, I would generally agree with you...But I don't on this. I don't care if he is a Marine, and let me explain to you why. Just because someone can go out, join the Marines, and wear the uniform doesn't make them a Marine, (or Army/Navy/Air Force...) What makes them a Marine is the way that they portray themselves to others.

I'll give you an example:

My cousin (and I use the term loosely) joined the Army. He was all gung-ho for it, until he figured out that he had to listen to someone tell him what he was to do, how to do it, and when to do it.

Then he got an attitude with his superiors and told them they couldn't boss him around. His superiors told him that he joined the military, and they pretty much owned him. He didn't like this, so he started acting out, and then acted like he was hurt, (no, he's not hurt, he's never been hurt and they knew it.) They sent him to their Dr, and the Dr medically cleared him. Said nothing was wrong with him, (He was claiming that his back was screwed up.) His superiors told him that he was to report back to duty, (keep in mind, he had just gotten through basic and hadn't even had to do anything yet.)

He flat out refused, and said he'd see his own personal Dr. They let him do what he "needed" to do, and when his own personal Dr cleared him, they told him to get his ass back to duty. He still refused and they gave him 2 options, buck up and come back to duty, or get dishonorably discharged. Guess what?! He's dishonorably discharged because his stupid little butt couldn't get it through his skull that he'd be answering to someone for the rest of his military career.

He gave his mom a story that they were discharging him because of his back and that he got honorably discharged because of his back being bad. She believes this crap, yet he has no benefits, and no coverage from the military any longer.

Coming from this perspective, I will NOT say that my cousin (cringe) has anything to do with being in the Army. That is NOT being a man of honor, and I will NOT help him in his time of need. He's a LIAR, and a want to be cheat. He has lost any respect that he might have had, with me, and most of my family.

So after stating my example, I will continue to think the way I do of David, as he is a LIAR. Unless he turns his life around, then I will continue to think the way I do about him.

Those that don't portray themselves in a positive manner while being in the Military chap my rear.

Old 05-18-2014, 12:50 PM   #29
Fangthane
It's pretty rare that I feel much remorse for what someone gets when they decide to take a swing at me, but there's some part of me that wants to feel bad about my part in this situation. If the apparent majority is right about him, I guess I did little more than facilitate the inevitable. It's the big what if that sometimes gives me cause for pause. What if he's really just a decent guy whose foolish choices put him in a situation that spiraled wildly out of control? A few of you may remember that I found myself in the very same position, in my early days on Fauna. As much of an ass as I can often be, I still try to think of myself as a good person who has no interest in screwing anyone over.

If his actual intent was simply to be a troll, he royally sucks at it - he's definitely no Eddie Checo. In this type of venue, lying is never a good thing, nor should it automatically get a "pass." While having a black-and-white perspective may have served many of us very well, one size never really fits all. Lying was never my thing, but not everyone has the mental strength to calmly cope with a sudden barrage from all sides - albeit one that he brought on himself. I have a sneaking suspicion that his military career doesn't involve being locked up in some think tank. Some of us only learn the hard way.

Having chosen the most boneheaded response to this situation need not be his sole defining characteristic. I guess I just haven't seen enough to be sold on the idea that he's completely beyond redemption. I mean, hell, if I managed to remake myself into someone that a few people have found useful, anyone can do it.

Carry on.

Old 05-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #30
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
It's pretty rare that I feel much remorse for what someone gets when they decide to take a swing at me, but there's some part of me that wants to feel bad about my part in this situation. If the apparent majority is right about him, I guess I did little more than facilitate the inevitable. It's the big what if that sometimes gives me cause for pause. What if he's really just a decent guy whose foolish choices put him in a situation that spiraled wildly out of control? A few of you may remember that I found myself in the very same position, in my early days on Fauna. As much of an ass as I can often be, I still try to think of myself as a good person who has no interest in screwing anyone over.

If his actual intent was simply to be a troll, he royally sucks at it - he's definitely no Eddie Checo. In this type of venue, lying is never a good thing, nor should it automatically get a "pass." While having a black-and-white perspective may have served many of us very well, one size never really fits all. Lying was never my thing, but not everyone has the mental strength to calmly cope with a sudden barrage from all sides - albeit one that he brought on himself. I have a sneaking suspicion that his military career doesn't involve being locked up in some think tank. Some of us only learn the hard way.

Having chosen the most boneheaded response to this situation need not be his sole defining characteristic. I guess I just haven't seen enough to be sold on the idea that he's completely beyond redemption. I mean, hell, if I managed to remake myself into someone that a few people have found useful, anyone can do it.

Carry on.
I'm one of the " learn the hard way" guys. As a few have seen. Hell,I'm still learning the hard way sometimes. But with age came wisdom. And thinking clearly is a bit easier.

Maybe with some more helpful advise from us instead of the "let's get em" attitude,he will become a better member. As someone said,it's not his animals or sales that's the issue. It's his way of presenting himself that's getting him into all these situations. I wonder if he has anyone that loves him?? Not being sarcastic.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!