Power Hungry Missplaced bordom. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
Ragelesspanda
Power Hungry Missplaced bordom.

I guess being helpful and giving advice in ONE POST is somehow terribly wrong. I thought forums and communities existed to connect people and allow people to get help when they seek it. But I guess if you're not trying to instantly sell someone something on here, its taboo. I got a "citation" or something just for stating the truth about the Moderator hhmoore. He was just looking for someone to jump on. I didn't flood the post or even go off topic. Next time you want to be angry get off the computer. You are the type of people who chase away members.

I enjoyed my short time on this forums but if Mods are allowed to go around being assholes because they had a bad day, then I don't think I want to be a part of this "community". Maybe you will take this into consideration because I guarantee I won't be the last one to leave from this type of crap.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:15 PM   #2
snowgyre
This really isn't the way to try to earn brownie points though. Hhmoore is a pretty dang good moderator. He's dinged me in the past too, but always for valid reasons. Infractions are given for rule-breaking. Without knowing the context of your complaint with hhmoore I really can't say much more, other than perhaps give yourself a couple of days to cool off before letting emotions ruin your budding relationship with members and moderators here on Fauna?

Old 09-26-2014, 08:34 PM   #3
Dennis Hultman
There are very few rules here. You are required to follow them. It's great you are offering advice. The proper place for such is in the discussion groups not in the classified sections where someone is buying, selling or trading a product.

You were told not to carry on the discussion in the ad. Seems simple to me.

Nope, no power tripping from Harald. He is doing what he is suppose to do. Enforcing the rules here set by the owner of this site.

Instead of private messaging him back you decide to post this in the classifieds continuing the off topic rant.
Quote:
Damn you are a tired and cranky moderator. Try moderating some of the people who are actually a negative impact man, was just trying to help. This is honestly enough to make me want to leave this forums. You can't even offer advice without some power crazed mod getting on your case.
Bottom-line, there are very few rules you have to follow here.

If you are going to get this bent out of shape by being told to follow them, Maybe you should hit the road.

If you can calm down and utilize the discussion areas (where discussions belong) then stay, learn and help others.

Then welcome to the discussion groups here.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=661

If not, Goodbye.... Have a good one.
Quote:

I guess being helpful and giving advice in ONE POST is somehow terribly wrong. I thought forums and communities existed to connect people and allow people to get help when they seek it. But I guess if you're not trying to instantly sell someone something on here, its taboo. I got a "citation" or something just for stating the truth about the Moderator hhmoore. He was just looking for someone to jump on. I didn't flood the post or even go off topic. Next time you want to be angry get off the computer. You are the type of people who chase away members.

I enjoyed my short time on this forums but if Mods are allowed to go around being assholes because they had a bad day, then I don't think I want to be a part of this "community". Maybe you will take this into consideration because I guarantee I won't be the last one to leave from this type of crap.
By the way, it wasn't terrible wrong and you weren't given in infraction points for it. You were simply told not to. You had to be an and tell him how bad it was for him to tell you not to post a discussion topic in someones ad.

Stay, enjoy the site, have fun. But if you think somehow you are something special and can't be told that you need to follow the rules here or they don't apply to you then save us the headache and still have a good one elsewhere.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:42 PM   #4
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragelesspanda View Post

I enjoyed my short time on this forums but if Mods are allowed to go around being because they had a bad day, then I don't think I want to be a part of this "community".
Good bye Michael.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:07 PM   #5
WebSlave
Quote:

I read over that thread you are referring to. Quite honestly, if you have other places to hang out where you can bitch slap the moderators with impunity whenever it suits you, then I suggest you move along and grace them with your presence. That is not going to be allowed here. At least not for long.

Harald is enforcing rules that I set up. I have stated that I do not want the classifieds sections to be used as alternate discussion forums. The classifieds sections are there to promote and facilitate the buying and selling of animals and related materials. The rules to that extent were set up for very good reasons with those goals in mind, as best I can determine. Your disagreeing with them does not make them subject to negotiation at the point of the violation. And certainly lashing out in public at the moderator who is enforcing my rules is really not going to be conducive to your remaining active on this site.

So, figure out what you want to do: (1) Follow the rules here and pay close attention to the moderators enforcing them, and remain, or (2) figure out if there is somewhere else more to your liking and head on over there. Then (3) just do which ever one you choose without any further fanfare.

Just be careful about burning bridges here. You never know when you might suddenly figure out that it wasn't such a hot idea after all. You wouldn't be the first person to have that stark and painful reality set in on them.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:13 PM   #6
JColt
Yeah I actually agree with Ed on this one. A simple Goodbye Michael.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:24 PM   #7
Lucille
Michael I checked out your previous posts. ALL of them, except for this present one, have been in the Classifieds. Were you even aware that there are discussion forums here?
You've arrived at a very nice site here, kept nice among other things, by a small number of sensible rules and moderators who volunteer their time.
Who is it going to benefit if you leave in a dramatic huff?

Give Harald the apology you know you owe him. Start over. Be better.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:17 PM   #8
Ragelesspanda
I'm glad to leave a site full of a bunch of old men with nothing better to do then sit at home and write bullshit all day. My posts were relative and if you think that some shitty threats online is going to scare anyone, then you need the reality check guys. Its a fucking forums and you act like its an internment camp. have fun with your stupid rules and crummy staff. I think I'll just head off to a nice legit place to commune.

Oh yea one last thing "I read over that thread you are referring to. Quite honestly, if you have other places to hang out where you can bitch slap the moderators with impunity whenever it suits you, then I suggest you move along and grace them with your presence. That is not going to be allowed here. At least not for long."

This is the dumbest thing i have ever read, coming from a staff member no less. I didn't go around looking for mods, I say the post and I thought I could maybe help. My post was ON TOPIC and the member even PM'ed me and said thank you, so next time just fuck off and go moderate the actual people who make this forums crap. Like the scammers, and the assholes, and the people who only have something negative to say. So I guess now I will fit the bill and say this.

Just fuck you hhmoore, learn some respect.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:54 PM   #9
Dbz4246
Quote:
learn some respect.
You should listen to your own advice sometimes, welcome to this site, but unfortunatly your not staying long.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:24 PM   #10
WebSlave
Looks like Michael R Trombley got himself a 3 day ban with his reply from one of my moderators.

But after this email I got from him, I'm going to extend that ban to two years in the hopes that maturity will find him after that period of time has elapsed. My suspicion is that after only 3 days, he will simply come back here to grace us with more of his foul mouthed garbage, and I am not inclined to allow that.

Quote:
On 9/26/2014 10:19 PM, Ragelesspanda @ FaunaClassifieds wrote:
> The following message was sent to you via the FaunaClassifieds Contact Us form by Ragelesspanda ( mailto:MikeTrombleyVroom@gmail.com ).
>
> --------------------------------
>
> you are all the biggest bunch of a**holes I have ever met, Learn some f**king respect and stop acting like people helping each other is a f**king crime.
>
> --------------------------------
>
> Referring Page: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru....php?p=1758159
> IP Address: 71.80.204.130
> User Name: Ragelesspanda
> User ID: 138009
> Email: MikeTrombleyVroom@gmail.com
>
Profanity edited out, of course.

In the meantime, I suppose we all need to "learn some f**king respect" as defined by Mr. Trombley.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!