Question about Vacation - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-30-2006, 12:05 PM   #1
a1littlesister
Red face Question about Vacation

We are planning on going away for a few day for Labor Day. Abbott & Costello will be 6 weeks old Friday. They have a 55 Gal. tank they live in...I have a 20 Gal. tank that I got for them first. Since they are so young I wanted to pack them in the 20 Gal. tank and take them with me. I really don't trust anyone to feed them right while I'm gone. Do you think it would stress them too much to take them with me. Its only a 3 hr. drive from the house and they will be put in the back of the Suburban in the sun while we are driving. I'll have all their lights and heat source and timer with me to make them feel at home...but it will be a smaller tank for 3 days. Just some suggestons and openions would be great to help me decide what to do.
I'm one that packs up all the animals and take them with me...lol...I'll also be taking me STO ( short tailed possum) since she is only use to me feeding her.

Thanks
Alexa

Old 08-30-2006, 12:30 PM   #2
danthedragonman8
YOU DONT WANT TO HAUL THEM IN A 20 GALLON GLASS TANK IN THE BACK OF YOUR TRUCK IN SUNLIGHT!! THEY WILL ROAST BACK THERE IN NO TIME!! instead get you a dog crate and put a towel on the bottom BUT underneath the towel put a HUMAN heating pad for warmth...knowing they r small a cat carrier woudl do just fine since the bars a a little smaller than a dog crates. I travel with mine to shows and stuff in a cat crate with the heat pad underneath the towels so the stay wartm but in the summer now since it is so hot they dont need the towel.

Old 08-30-2006, 12:30 PM   #3
danthedragonman8
oh and put the heat pad on medium to low temperature!!

Old 08-30-2006, 01:52 PM   #4
a1littlesister
They won't be in the back of a Truck...Its the inside of my car... its a Suburban...a big car so it won't be in full sun...they just wouldn't be stuffed in a seat.... I do have a Cat carrier but I'll have to check to make sure the holes are not too big for them...and I do have a heating pad and a plug jack in the car so that would be no problem. I even have sun shades I can pull down if it gets too sunny but we are leaving really early in the morning.
Thanks for the reminder of the heating pad...I'll get that now and put it on my list..

Old 08-30-2006, 03:16 PM   #5
Valley Dragons
I agree with danthedragonman. Even a little sun coming through your car window would heat up a glass tank VERY quickly, killing your dragons. Cat carrier is a much safer option.

Valley Dragons

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!