Kevin Smith - oreganus@hotmail - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-16-2004, 12:19 AM   #111
snakegetters
Info cribbed from Mardi Snipes' website, coastalreptiles.com, on venomous laws state by state.

New York:

Native Venomous: Permit required

Exotic Venomous: Permit required

Protected Native Venomous: Permit required

Timber Rattlesnake (Crotalus horridus)

Massasauga (Sistrurus catenatus)

New York State Department of Environmental Protection

Division of Fish and Wildlife

Special License Unit

50 Wolf Road

Albany, NY 12233

Old 11-16-2004, 12:21 AM   #112
oreganus
Lightbulb not really

Quote:
Originally posted by gila7150
Unless I'm mistaken (and I could be), Health Code 161.01 applies to New York City but not the entire state of New York.
The tracking # shows the cobra was delivered to Port Jefferson Station which is nowhere near NYC.
It shows that a box was delivered to SOMEONE in that area, agreed. But it is more than suspicious that it was signed by someone named "molt" or excuse me, "Malt", but it isn't signed by the last name Sabatini, which is the person making all of these outrageous claims. Notice he won't answer any of the questions that I put forth?? It gets really "quiet" (as another person put it) everytime it comes to answering the basic questions. I have answered, rephrased my answers, and everything else to appease the crowd, but Jeremy keeps avoiding the easy questions and it has now taken him over 24hours to produce the "evidence" he claims to have. Does that seem strange to anyone else, well okay, as strange as someone with a dispute that doesn't want to settle it in a secure manner strange, LOL
Kevin smith

Old 11-16-2004, 12:23 AM   #113
Suncoast Herpetological
Thanks for finally answering the two questions I posed Kevin. I have a good contact at UPS and I will be checking the account # issue tomorrow.

I did notice that one post from Ray Hunter managed to slip under the radar a few pages back.

QUOTE/

FOR THE RECORD...
I never heard back from Kevin when I e-mailed him last night to help get him the Delta records to prove his claim. Because I do not have authorization, I will not post my findings, but I now have official confirmation that Kevin DID NOT send the King cobra by Delta airlines. A Delta staff member went back 9 months to verify that Kevin has NOT used Delta to ship the King Cobra. Surprised??? Nope, not me. A proven liar, is a liar! Why would we expect anything else from him?

Thanks Kevin! Keep up your work at elliminating our hobby. Expect a little something from me soon, and enjoy.

ENDQUOTE/

Care to comment Kevin? Or should we strike up the band for another tap dancing recital?

Old 11-16-2004, 12:34 AM   #114
oreganus
Lightbulb why are you trying so hard???

If you are going to keep badgering me to try and prove me the bad guy you wish I was, you could at least keep up with the current situation. I have emailed Ray a couple times today, I was away from my computer for awhile, sorry for the stress it put on you, but I am back around. If you want to get to the facts, why don't you start questioning jeremy about the facts of the situation? That is if you are not just here because of the venomoid issue, which several people are. I have asked direct questions, but they don't seem to get answered directly as you demand from me. Strange how if it involves someone with venomoids, how it is always a one sided battle for the most part.
Kevin

Old 11-16-2004, 07:39 AM   #115
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Unless I'm mistaken (and I could be), Health Code 161.01 applies to New York City but not the entire state of New York.
The tracking # shows the cobra was delivered to Port Jefferson Station which is nowhere near NYC.
Chris,

Yes, you are right, it does refer to NY city, and as Tanith points out a permit is required for the rest of the state, which I assume Jeremy has.

Thanks.

Old 11-16-2004, 08:46 AM   #116
Rakshasanyc
I understand your questions and I am not going to go into a great discussion about the surgery or the specifics of it. This is not the thread or the place for such a discussion. I know I will get flames for that, but life goes on.

Interesting. You are willing to expend thousands of keystrokes arguing with Tanith and others about their "rabid anti-venomoid attitudes," yet are not willing to answer simple questions about how you sterilize your instruments and what kind of anesthesia you use.

If you are doing this for a living (or for a significant portion of your living), it would probably be wise to have a FAQ available for prospective buyers. That could address issues like pain medication, antibiotics, pre-operative and post-operative care, and suchlike.

Of course, it could be that you are doing these operations without anesthesia, without proper sterile techniques and without appropriate pre-op and post-op care. In that case the issue is not "anti-venomoid" but "anti-cruelty." Again, a few simple facts and explanations could go a long way toward clearing this up.

Kevin Filan

Old 11-16-2004, 11:40 AM   #117
bcfos
Yet once again still no pictures of the box, shipping label, snake, or scans of the shipping recipt UPS can provide you with if you ask. Also a pretty good idea might be for Kevin to scan in some handwriting samples just in case there are any questions on if Kevin wrote the shippng label or not(only if it was hand written).

E mails can be played with and you can add or delete anything you want to to make someone look bad. So can screen shots for that matter. So both are pretty much worthless as offerings of proof now.

Old 11-16-2004, 02:07 PM   #118
Mustangrde1
Quote:
TITLE 18. CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

PART I. CRIMES

CHAPTER 3. ANIMALS, BIRDS, FISH, AND PLANTS

LACEY ACT

§ 3372. Prohibited acts

(a) Offenses other than marking offenses. It is unlawful for any person--

(1) to import, export, transport, sell, receive, acquire, or purchase any fish or wildlife or plant taken, possessed, transported, or sold in violation of any law, treaty, or regulation of the United States or in violation of any Indian tribal law;

(2) to import, export, transport, sell, receive, acquire, or purchase in interstate or foreign commerce--

(A) any fish or wildlife taken, possessed, transported, or sold in violation of any law or regulation of any State or in violation of any foreign law, or

(B) any plant taken, possessed, transported, or sold in violation of any law or regulation of any State;

(3) within the special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of the United States (as defined in section 7 of title 18, United States Code [18 USCS § 7])--

(A) to possess any fish or wildlife taken, possessed, transported, or sold in violation of any law or regulation of any State or in violation of any foreign law or Indian tribal law, or

(B) to possess any plant taken, possessed, transported, or sold in violation of any law or regulation of any State; [or]

(4) to attempt to commit any act described in paragraphs (1) through (4) [(3)].

(b) Marking offenses. It is unlawful for any person to import, export, or transport in interstate commerce any container or package containing any fish or wildlife unless the container or package has previously been plainly marked, labeled, or tagged in accordance with the regulations issued pursuant to paragraph (2) of subsection 7(a) of this Act [16 USCS § 3376(a)(2)].

(c) Sale and purchase of guiding and outfitting services and invalid licenses and permits.

(1) Sale. It is deemed to be a sale of fish or wildlife in violation of this Act [16 USCS §§ 371 et seq.] for a person for money or other consideration to offer or provide--

(A) guiding, outfitting, or other services; or

(B) a hunting or fishing license or permit;

for the illegal taking, acquiring, receiving, transporting, or possessing of fish or wildlife.

(2) Purchase. It is deemed to be a purchase of fish or wildlife in violation of this Act [16 USCS §§ 371 et seq.] for a person to obtain for money or other consideration--

(A) guiding, outfitting, or other services; or

(B) a hunting or fishing license or permit;

for the illegal taking, acquiring, receiving, transporting, or possessing of fish or wildlife.

(d) False labeling offenses. It is unlawful for any person to make or submit any false record, account, or label for, or any false identification of any fish, wildlife, or plant which has been, or is intended to be--

(1) imported, exported, transported, sold, purchased, or received from any foreign country; or

(2) transported in interstate or foreign commerce.
Now lets SEE THE PROOF OF LEGAL SHIPPING Kevin. Or are you in violation of the LACY ACT?

Old 11-16-2004, 02:30 PM   #119
Mustangrde1
One last question Kevin. If and when the IRS audits you how are you going to provide them proof of these 70$ charges for shipping if you do not have the saved airway bills for Delta?

So again where is your documented proof that as a bussiness man you must keep incase of an Audit from the IRS for shipping and bussiness expenditures?

Old 11-16-2004, 05:32 PM   #120
oreganus
Lightbulb good idea,,

Quote:
Originally posted by bcfos
Yet once again still no pictures of the box, shipping label, snake, or scans of the shipping recipt UPS can provide you with if you ask. Also a pretty good idea might be for Kevin to scan in some handwriting samples just in case there are any questions on if Kevin wrote the shippng label or not(only if it was hand written).

E mails can be played with and you can add or delete anything you want to to make someone look bad. So can screen shots for that matter. So both are pretty much worthless as offerings of proof now.
That is a very good idea, but I feel this thread is pretty much overwith since the original poster is failing to provide proof of anything. Basically this whole thread started because the person was trying to get me to pay him back for a snake that he either didn't have any longer or was simply not going to ship after recieving the money. When that didn't work, he got mad and posted a bunch of BS on here. That you for your objective questions and comments. I think I will leave now, if something new pops up, I might comment, but this is pretty much over.
thanks
Kevin Smith

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!