Super Bowl Bound!!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-22-2007, 05:58 AM   #1
shrap
Super Bowl Bound!!!!!

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!!

Manning CAN win the big game. Dungy CAN take a team to the Super Bowl. The Indy "D" CAN stop the run and make big plays. And yes, oh my mercy YES, the Colts DID beat the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game. I have to say it again, DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!!!!

And what a long strange trip this game was. Hands down the best game I have ever seen in person and one of the best games ever played. The heart was literally ripped right out of the RCA Dome crowd when Assante Samuel intercepted Manning and returned it for a TD to give the Pats a 21-3 lead in the second quarter. It was a rerun Colts fans had seen too many times. And then to see the Colts rally in the second half to overcome the biggest deficit in a Conference Championship Game ever. What a ride!!

Almost all hope was lost after Samuel's pick and score. Anyone tells you any different and they are stone cold lying. New England dont give up 18 point leads. And New England certainly dont give up 18 point leads in the playoffs. Then Manning carved up the Patriot "D" with ease to get a field goal right before the half. Was that a candle of hope that just got lit?

The second half opened with the Colts scoring 15 straight points to tie the game and the emotional roller coaster ride was on. New England takes the lead back and the Colts tie. Only for New England to take the lead back again and the Colts to tie it again. Just to have New England take the lead again..... which set up the ending to this unbelievable game. An 80 yard drive with just over 2 minutes remaining that exorcised so many demons that there is now a no vacancy sign hanging on the gates of hell.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:00 AM   #2
kmurphy
Good game - didn't turn out the way I would have liked though. I wish the Colts luck in the super bowl, although I don't think they'll need it.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:30 PM   #3
Dragondad
Shrap:

It couldn't have turned out better, I hate the patriots and the fact the world seems to anoint Brady as the best there is. I think if Manning wouldn't have kept trying to go down the field the score could have been a lot more in favor of the Colts.

Old 01-22-2007, 09:25 PM   #4
Chameleon Company
And for those of us who grew up Archie Manning fans while he played for Ole Miss, then watched him play for some bad NFL teams, it was a good day as well !

Old 01-22-2007, 09:30 PM   #5
Bill & Amy
Hey Sammy, Amy says her "Bears are gonna kick the "poo" out of the Colts".

Note: those are the opinions of Amy and shouldn't be held against Bill.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:28 PM   #6
kmurphy
My wife is from Maryland. She hasn't forgiven the Colts for walking out of Baltimore in the dead of night.

Question for Michael - How do you run up the score if you don't try to go down find?

Old 01-22-2007, 11:43 PM   #7
Stardust
Go Bears!

Old 01-22-2007, 11:45 PM   #8
texasnewbie
I still don't see the point of the whole Superbowl 'thing' here. I was here for the last one and will be subjected to this one
Husband's a Bears supporter, so "go Bears" I guess

Old 01-23-2007, 01:03 AM   #9
shrap
Dragon,

I love and hate the Pats. I hate the Pats because they have embarrassed my Colts time and again and knocked them out of the playoffs a couple of times recently. It is the rivalry thing, nothing more. But I love the way the Pats play the game itself. They play it the right way. They are usually so fundamentally sound, play so hard, make the big play when they HAVE to have it. From a football fan perspective they are what you want to see.

Jim,

I was a huge Archie fan too. Although I only remember the Saints Oilers and Vikes. Sure wish I was old enough to have seen his Ole Miss days.

Bill errrrr Amy, Rozann and the other Bears supporters.... It's all good fun. It should be a great game.... and yes I hope the Colts whoop that ass.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:21 AM   #10
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragondad
It couldn't have turned out better, I hate the patriots and the fact the world seems to anoint Brady as the best there is. I think if Manning wouldn't have kept trying to go down the field the score could have been a lot more in favor of the Colts.
Yeah, everyone is always claiming Brady is the best... that's why he's got all those NFL MVP awards and goes to the pro bowl every year... wait... wait... Ohyeah, it's that overrated hack Manning with all the acolades and no Superbowl wins (yet of course).

While there are a few media admirers and of course the local papers and television stations are all praise; Brady and the rest of the patriots get a lot less credit and respect than they probably should given their accomplishments. Belichick doesn't allow the whole individual glory thing to get out of hand though, credit where it's due and then it stops. The Patriots don't have any superstar players- they win for other reasons. The only things you'll find Brady being listed as the "best" at have to do with the mental aspects. He trains hard, learns harder and has a good awareness of what's going on around him- he doesn't have the best arm (although it's solid) and he definitely doesn't have the ability to run.

The Patriots were winning that game too... come from behind with under a minute left need a TD to take it? It was a sure thing. Then it wasn't. Then there was the yelling and smashing. It's the kind of football game people like to see and if my team hadn't been involved I would have been happy to see an end like that... but I'm not.

I want the Bears to walk away with a win though, Urlacher has worked harder and suffered longer without getting close to what he really deserves than Farm Boy and the colts, who have been perpetual "Almost Got It" types that screw up hard in the post season. The only individual colt's player that I like is Vinatieri (who was treated a bit... abruptly in his contract negotiations with the Pats, although he IS "just" a placekicker and there were other salary cap related concerns) and he's already got a few superbowl wins. He can skip this one.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!