"Sunglow" Dumerils - Do they exist? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-22-2010, 12:00 AM   #1
ReptileAddictions
"Sunglow" Dumerils - Do they exist?

Ok, So I found a pic posted that makes a claim that this is a sunglow dumerils baby "produced by us" and that they are for sale. One pic. No sibling photos. No parent photos. Just this single shot and the claim.

I have heard numerous stories about the on going Sunglow projects, but from what I understood no one has produced any viable offspring that have been put up for sale.

I have no way of checking to see if this photo is altered. I tried to download all programs that check that, but have not been able to make them work for me. I need a tutorial.

Any input is much appreciated.

Attachment 130901

Old 03-22-2010, 01:47 AM   #2
Utta
it doesn't have albino eyes? from that pic it doesn't look that way anyway.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:07 AM   #3
ReptileAddictions
Utta, I have heard mixed reviews, that a Dumerils Boa sunglow is really a form of hypo- not albino, unlike the sunglow redtail boas that are pink and orange and have albino eyes.

I have not found any good info or photos online anywhere.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:15 AM   #4
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileAddictions View Post
Utta, I have heard mixed reviews, that a Dumerils Boa sunglow is really a form of hypo- not albino, unlike the sunglow redtail boas that are pink and orange and have albino eyes.

I have not found any good info or photos online anywhere.
i haven't even heard of this before lol.

if the price tag is threw the roof, then id think it would shed more light into this. if the tag was only double what a normal dumerils is then i think it would simply be a stunning normal

Old 03-22-2010, 12:45 PM   #5
ReptileAddictions
It is through the roof. I know matt at Mb produces " high oranges" which r pretty normals. Nothing this contrasted though. He has heard of one guy in ca. But won't tell ne who that is because he is trying to buy the project. Silly

bob Clark has never heard of a " morph".

Old 03-24-2010, 04:28 PM   #6
ReptileAddictions
Here is a video up of the snake in question. It is being called a "oranglow" "New Super Morph".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku947jQQLdg

1. I’ve never heard of any mutations in this species.

2. They can’t really say if the trait is genetic if this is the only one that’s been produced.

3. I do not know of any confirmed genetics on either of these traits.

These seem to be the top 3 answers of all the TOP breeders in this country. Being that it - if it is the only one, they have to prove it out to even claim a "morph", then they have to breed a morph to a morph to claim a "super morph". And a 6 month old 12" 34 gram animal?

Taking sales orders on animals that dont even exist is a sham!

Old 04-02-2010, 01:29 AM   #7
Rasja
I wish...

I would say that whoever posted this "sunglow" dumeril's is a scammer. I was reading about this snake somewhere (can't remember), and the lady said that she owned it, and that it was significantly smaller that all the others in the clutch, she was saying that she didn't know if it was a morph or not, and there where suggestions of the snake just being a preemie since it's considerably smaller, and there fore the pattern in turn wouldn't be a morph, it just wouldn't have been fully developed.

Who knows! Either way it would make an amazing morph and I would love to have one!

Old 04-02-2010, 07:01 AM   #8
crotalusadamanteus
Once you incorporate an Albino gene, it's no longer a Dumerili, it's a cross. Then you still have to incorporate the Salmon/Hypo gene to make Sunglows, making it even more NOT Dumerili. That's what stands out first to me.

Second, that Dum is neither Albino nor Hypo, so it's not a Sunglow Dumeril even if they COULD exist.

Sounds like a scam to me.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:17 PM   #9
reptile-phan
i understand what everyones sayying but really thinks about this. genetic variation amongs species can be vast and from what i know dumerils are from madagascar so when they were first imported you dont know what genes got mixed up with other genes and there could of been a subspecies and over the years so the possibility of a genetic defect in coloring could be possible ending up in these orange glows and the hypos look what happend to the carpet pythons now we have jag, granites, ect. and reptileadictions something could always pop up some species albino traits pop up all the time and others less likely and what its like 1 in every some thounds of snake a albino apears maybe in a few years with the population of dumerils being produced in the us we could very well see an albino. all im saying is theres always a chance for a genetic defect who knows. all i can say is spend some money and buy a possible morph and if its not well atleast you have a pretty snake

Old 08-31-2010, 10:09 AM   #10
Metachrosis
Orange Glow not Sunglow,where is the breeder claiming albino
genetic morph ?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!