SOLD!! Phrynosoma Taurus 1.1 US CBB - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Other Lizards

Notices

Old 02-18-2016, 07:55 PM   #1
Reeptiles
Phrynosoma Taurus 1.1 US CBB

We have a very rare pair of US CBB Bull Horned Lizards (P. taurus) for sale. I would never sell them but my wife and I are having our first baby soon and I need to make time for parenthood. They eat great on small crickets and dubia but I will say that you need to offer ants pretty frequently. They can be readily purchased from antsalive.com and preserved in the fridge pretty easily. You can buy 1000 for $25 shipped and keep them in ants for a month.

$1500 shipped for this gorgeous pair.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 02-20-2016, 12:37 AM   #2
Ramsey's Reptiles
What?!?

Old 02-20-2016, 01:59 PM   #3
Reeptiles
I know buddy, but I need to make time for the family. We're still keeping 1.3 asio to breed though!
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-21-2016, 12:12 AM   #4
cpr72790
That'll be more hatchlings than all your colubrids combined haha

Old 02-21-2016, 01:05 AM   #5
Reeptiles
Haha yep 3 female asio are liable to produce a big bunch of babies. They are my favorite herp species. Taurus are a close second but they are much rarer!
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-21-2016, 12:40 PM   #6
snakesareawesome
WTH lol can't have ants? I sweat these laws get dumber by the day. Sorry for interrupting your ad lol

Old 02-21-2016, 04:54 PM   #7
Reeptiles
Hey Jeff, that is crazy! You're right about Oregon not allowing it. You could also just collect your own. You could collect a large amount and refrigerate and/or freeze them. Lots of people have had success with feeding frozen thawed ants to their phrynosoma. The pogonomyrmex barbatus which are commercially available are not these guys' favorite anyway. To be honest they prefer the ants I find around my house. I think they are called Red Pavement Ants (formicidae tetramorium caespitum). If you know a place to find either kind and it's feasible for you to collect them that is a fine option. Just some thoughts. This is an insanely cool species.
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-23-2016, 01:59 AM   #8
Lizardladii
Hey are you in touch with Joel Reep? He emailed me and it sounds like the pair available may be yours. Are they sold already?

Old 02-27-2016, 01:43 AM   #9
Ramsey's Reptiles
They are one in the same person Ashley.

Old 03-06-2016, 11:05 PM   #10
Lagarto
taurus

hello; can you send a pm with details about these 2 horned lizards. such as where you purchased them, weight, length, current diet, what type of enclosure you have them in. Have they been checked out by a vet. Thank you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
horned lizard, phrynosoma