Ian Dillin - Striking Distance Exotics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-02-2007, 05:17 PM   #1
Cicada Hollow
Thumbs down Ian Dillin - Striking Distance Exotics

I've been unsuccessful with any further communication with Fauna member SDExotics, Ian Dillin of Striking Distance Exotics (email: tryin_2live@hotmail.com). I am bringing my problem here in hopes of solving this problem without having to take legal action.

Ian had advertised a reptile book for sale or trade (post has now been deleted) on Fauna and I inquired about a possible trade or purchase. I did save all our PM's and the one email he sent me, so I can document our conversation regarding the book.

The book was Reptile Medicine & Surgery book by Mader and the agreed purchase price was $50.00, which I paid to Ian via Pay Pal on November 21st, 2006. On December 7th, 2006, Ian advised that the book had been mailed out to me and I waited for delivery. However, on December 18th, 2006, Ian advised that the book had been returned to him and he would mail again the following day.

It's now January 2nd, and I've still not received the book from Ian. It's been over a month since I paid for the book, and I've been extremely patient on my end waiting for delivery. I have opened a Pay Pal dispute and will escalate to requesting a refund of monies paid, should Ian not respond to the Pay Pal dispute.

I have attempted to notify Ian of this BIO thread, through via PM and his email.

~Dorothy Gunzel

Old 01-07-2007, 05:37 PM   #2
Dream
I to have been dealing with Ian, We have been dealing with a 06 Male 100% Het Pied BP he had for sale on here, Our deal started back in Nov 11 06, And through no fault of his we didn't get it over until this past week.
I had a family emergency in upstate NY and almost lost lost my daughter. and he was very understanding. he had some things happen as well and couldn't contact me, and after a month and a half our deal finely finished.
I would deal with him again he is like I said very understanding and things do happen beyond our control.

Robin Bennett

Old 01-19-2007, 09:58 PM   #3
Cicada Hollow
I've still yet to recieve the book, and have upgraded my status with Pay Pal to a claim dispute, in an attempt to get a refund. Ian did email me after receiving notification of the claim with Pay Pal, stating the book had once again been mailed out. He did offer to refund my money if I returned the book after it had been received, but still to date, no book.

I'm glad that your ball python purchase/delivery came through fine. I would have liked to have had a happy ending on my end as well.

~Dorothy Gunzel

Old 01-19-2007, 10:20 PM   #4
garweft
Did he say why the book was returned the first time?

You should post whatever emails and PM's that you have as well. I don't know what the other person meant by saying that the seller had some problems, but it doesn't take much time to send out a book.

Old 01-23-2007, 02:13 AM   #5
Cicada Hollow
No, he never said why...and it certainly shouldn't take 2 months to receive a book, but it did.

I ended the dispute today as the book arrived in this afternoon's mail. It was in good condition as he described, but very musty smelling. I'm just thankful that it is finally here.

Ian was notified of the books arrival, thusfar I've not heard anything from him but his communication has been sporadic. I did notify him of this thread in case he wanted to dispute my claim, but he's chosen not to participate. Towards the end, after the dispute was filed, he became more communicative.

Taking into account the last 2 months, I would not do business with him again.
~Dorothy Gunzel

Old 08-30-2009, 11:54 AM   #6
SDExotics
i know its been over two years since this post but it was just brought to my attention as far the book goes it did not say why it was returned just was stamped return to sender the musty smell was something that happened during the first shipping the envelope was semi damp when i recieved it . and for my sporatic comunication my wife was in and out of the hospital with renal failure why she was pregnant with my daughter i almost lost them both till she was diagnosed with lupis and they could give her the right medications i deeply appologize for any inconvienience this may have caused but the situation was out of my hands and i was doing the best that i could do at the time

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!