new dodoma sand boa babies missing markings I never seen this before! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-06-2015, 01:13 PM   #1
shenlonco
Talking new dodoma sand boa babies missing markings I never seen this before!

Some here may have seen me trying to sell my last litter of my Dodoma's in the classifieds here and how I stated one came out pattern less but it had a kink in the tail.
I was not selling this baby in fact I was selling the litter mates at a crazy $125.00 and not one of them sold and I am sure glad they did not sell and guy's who asked and did not buy them now probably will be kicking there self in the you know what if they read this because in this new litter there was two that are shown in the photo that came out with pattern less markings on the tail so it must be a trait.
Cool!
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2015, 02:53 AM   #2
blbballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenlonco View Post
Some here may have seen me trying to sell my last litter of my Dodoma's in the classifieds here and how I stated one came out pattern less but it had a kink in the tail.
I was not selling this baby in fact I was selling the litter mates at a crazy $125.00 and not one of them sold and I am sure glad they did not sell and guy's who asked and did not buy them now probably will be kicking there self in the you know what if they read this because in this new litter there was two that are shown in the photo that came out with pattern less markings on the tail so it must be a trait.
Cool!
Those are really pretty babies. Almost pied. Any update pics please?

Old 10-02-2015, 11:15 PM   #3
shenlonco
Quote:
Originally Posted by blbballs View Post
Those are really pretty babies. Almost pied. Any update pics please?
Will get some photos, one of last years and these two from this year.

Old 10-03-2015, 11:14 AM   #4
shenlonco
Some photos the single one is in a shed.
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2015, 11:38 AM   #5
blbballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenlonco View Post
Some photos the single one is in a shed.
Very Awesome! Do you suspect it to be a recessive or line bred trait, or maybe even incomplete dominant with a completely patternless super form, lol?

Old 10-03-2015, 12:34 PM   #6
shenlonco
Quote:
Originally Posted by blbballs View Post
Very Awesome! Do you suspect it to be a recessive or line bred trait, or maybe even incomplete dominant with a completely patternless super form, lol?
I don't know all I know is the 2 same snakes that bread have made these types in each litter.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:59 PM   #7
snowgyre
That's really cool. I'm not sure I would go so far as to called them piebald, but it certainly does look something like the "ringers" we see in ball pythons. Except in ball pythons ringers don't tend to be genetic. These are amazing looking boas!

Old 10-03-2015, 05:08 PM   #8
blbballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
That's really cool. I'm not sure I would go so far as to called them piebald, but it certainly does look something like the "ringers" we see in ball pythons. Except in ball pythons ringers don't tend to be genetic. These are amazing looking boas!
Very true. I think there is a gentleman with a line of champagne that consistently throws ringers. I am sure he is a member here. I can't remember his name off the top of my head though. Idk, however, if he would consider it any form of reliable transmission. Or maybe more of a line bred trait.

I am curious if OP, has noticed any specific percentage of the litter possesses these traits?

Old 10-03-2015, 08:00 PM   #9
shenlonco
thanks guy's.

The first litter one had the white miss markings and faded tail markings and the second breeding two out of the litter had white markings and the black markings faded near the tail section.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:03 PM   #10
Sandboas72
Got any baby's left

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!