Inquiry Shipnex (anyone used them?) - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:58 PM   #61
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojira1986 View Post
Ok guys - I tried to help save some people some money bc the economy sucks and now I'm a rep for ship nex? I guess the BOI will never have a single thread that doesn't turn into a badgering fest. Ship your animals the right way for you obviously.
I'll never understand why people seem to percieve that disagreeing with someone automatically suggests you are berating, degrading or badgering them.

People are disagreeing with the company and they are bringing up valid points as to why they do. I understand that you like them and are willing to take the risk associated with them, but that does not mean you need to take any arguement against them as someone badgering you. It is far from the case.

The point of the BOI is for people to express the types of concerns expressed here regarding this company so that other people can make an educated and informed decision on who they want to go with.

If you are not prepared to hear what you may not wish to hear in any given conversation, debate or discussion, then walk away from it.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #62
Gojira1986
And of course someone from ship your reptiles is going to say shipnex is not authorized to do anything with reptiles ESP since shipnex is cheaper than syr - You did just say Robyn and the boys from syr.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:01 PM   #63
dustinNMpythons
I wasn't saying you are a rep just said it almost appears that way because your going out of your way to defend them. exactly like Diem said insurance doesn't go anywhere if you have live animals. I personally would rather go with a company who personally insures packages plus will go to bat for you if there is a hang up. A company who is established in the reptile community and knows what its needs are. Shipnex wouldn't care one bit if a package was held up because apparently it falls on the shipping service used.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:01 PM   #64
ShadowAceD
Quote:
And of course someone from ship your reptiles is going to say shipnex is not authorized to do anything with reptiles ESP since shipnex is cheaper than syr - You did just say Robyn and the boys from syr.
Yeah, I wouldn't go down that road.

Just because he is part of SYR doesn't mean he's going to run around slandering other companies. SYR bent over backwards to get the waiver they have now and he is going to be darn sure to know who has them and who doesn't because of it.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:03 PM   #65
Shadera
Quote:
Good grief.

Get a copy of shipnexs' waivers and show us, then.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:10 PM   #66
Gojira1986
The one time some sent me a lizard from Missouri using syr the box couldn't be located for 5 hours after the time it was supposed to be delivered. My lizard was supposed to be delivered at 1030am, and didn't show up until 4pm. The box was located at 330pm and delivered at 4pm. There were severe floods in my area that day, and while syr didn't get the job donE the box from California sent using shipnex arrived promptly at 1030 - I just feel like in these BOI if someone disagrees w a group of people, it's insult them. I never said Robyn didn't know what he or she was talking about - all I said was that i thought his post was ridiculous bc shipnex is not even a shipper - so to get responses to that along the lines of "I bet Robyn in getting a good laugh out of this" meaning my opinion is funny - that's rude, ignorant, and in called for. When it comes down to it - no shipper is going to pay you on a reptile claim. Every time you try - they argue the animal could have been dead before shipment.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:18 PM   #67
ShadowAceD
Quote:
The one time some sent me a lizard from Missouri using syr the box couldn't be located for 5 hours after the time it was supposed to be delivered. My lizard was supposed to be delivered at 1030am, and didn't show up until 4pm. The box was located at 330pm and delivered at 4pm. There were severe floods in my area that day, and while syr didn't get the job donE the box from California sent using shipnex arrived promptly at 1030 - I just feel like in these BOI if someone disagrees w a group of people, it's insult them. I never said Robyn didn't know what he or she was talking about - all I said was that i thought his post was ridiculous bc shipnex is not even a shipper - so to get responses to that along the lines of "I bet Robyn in getting a good laugh out of this" meaning my opinion is funny - that's rude, ignorant, and in called for. When it comes down to it - no shipper is going to pay you on a reptile claim. Every time you try - they argue the animal could have been dead before shipment.
No one has insulted you.

That aside ... You had a box shipped to you when flooding was plauging the area and you are upset it did not arrive on time? That has everything to do with FedEx having a hard time dealing with the flooding.

You state that the box from ShipNex arrived promptly and that means ShipNex is so much better, but you also state ShipNex is not a shipper, therefore, ShipNex actually had nothing to do with the box arriving when it did, it was the carrier not having to deal with flooding. So, I am not entirely sure what arguement you are using there. "Acts of God" are the exception to virtually every rule.

Anyway ... the part I bolded about Robyn getting a laugh, Shadera's comment was not meant out of malice and if you had even the slightest clue as to what Robyn and ProExotics went through, you would understand why she said it. There was really no reason to take offense to it. That aside, you were talking about your attorney father having spoken with ShipNex in such a way it implied that Robyn could know nothing about the business and what they offer. So, just look into the context of things a bit more. No one was insulting you.

SYR will pay for the animals they insured. So, I am not sure where you are getting that either. They would not offer that specific insurance if they could not. I have had them refund me the piddly little 3.00 it is for "Signature Required" simply because that particular FedEx driver failed to comply with it. That is the type of company they are. They have their ducks in a row and they have been counted.

They are offering guarantees to the reptile industry that ShipNex evidently is not. That speaks volumes to me.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:20 PM   #68
dustinNMpythons
Quote:
Yeah actually you should do a little more research SYR does offer insurance through them.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:30 PM   #69
dustinNMpythons
it does have a cap and has guidelines to help ensure it isn't taken for granted but it does cover live arrival guarantee.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #70
bloodybaroness
Quote:
That is not a fight worth picking. If you can PROVE that Shipnex has the proper waivers and certifications I will eat my shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinNMpythons View Post
Yeah actually you should do a little more research SYR does offer insurance through them.
Yep. They back up their product/service up. Next time ask before you assume.

What we are talking about is the CORRECT and LEGAL way to ship. Shipnex does neither. It's companies like that who are putting shipping for this hobby in jeopardy.

I will always pay a bit more if it means my animals are shipped properly.

It's also not fair to blame SYR when you CLEARLY state: "...There were severe floods in my area that day..."

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!