Pine Woods Snake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Other Snakes

Notices

Old 05-13-2014, 11:25 AM   #1
anolelover
Pine Woods Snake

I think pine woods snakes are really cool, but I don't know exactly where to find them. Can you tell me more about them, feeding, food, special care, habitat, things like that.
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-13-2014, 03:14 PM   #2
kingpinreptiles
I've kept plenty of them they do okay in captivity, they usually get to about 10-12 inches in length I had one that was 18 inches which is over the recorded record length. I've never had them eat anything other than anoles. They hide a lot mine only ever came out when it was dark and their musk smells incredibly bad.

Old 05-14-2014, 11:03 AM   #3
demonseed38
I'm looking for some pinewoods snakes also. Who breeds them?

Old 05-14-2014, 11:11 AM   #4
kingpinreptiles
No one breeds them. You'll have to go catch one if you want one or wait for someone to throw one up for sale in the classifieds for 20 bucks. Not exactly a snake thats in demand most people dont even know they exist.

Old 05-14-2014, 11:03 PM   #5
Wabujitsu
I actually caught one tonight; I'm not certain why anyone would want to buy and/or keep one though, as they are generally very difficult to keep in captivity, and their natural lifespan is only three years.

I tossed him in a critter box for the night; I will photograph and measure him tomorrow.

Jeff Cook

Old 12-08-2014, 12:49 PM   #6
anolelover
Well, I really want one, I caught one, had no idea what it was, let it go with no pictures! Let me know if one comes up.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!