My first hogs! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #1
phoenix-cry
My first hogs!

I picked up my first two hogs today! I'm just loving these guys. I never really took a close look at them before, but they are a lot of fun.

First up is a big normal gal I picked up on Craighlist for 100$. She's just over 500grams! She was bred last year, I was wondering if they can clutch the season after without another matting? I know some snakes can do this and I know that hog can double clutch in a season.

She did not want to have her pic taken! I'll let her settle in and try to take better pics. She was all puffed up and trying to look like a rattlesnake when I fist opened the bag.

Next up is my Albino female from Rich Macias. He sent me a pic of her that was 'okay' and he said 'she's more red in real life'. He wasn't kidding!! Check out this color (I have a proper camera, heehe, I poked fun at him in an email already). She's 40 grams.

I'm excited about getting some projects going. I'm already set up to get a normal breeder size male. An Extreme red breeder female. Another normal breeder sized female. And a very awesome baby male red phase anaconda.

Blood red albino anacondas here we come!

Old 07-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
condor53
If you dont mind me asking, how old is the albino female? Your hogs look great.

Connor

Old 07-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
phoenix-cry
My albino is a mid 2011. She eats like a beast!

Old 07-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
phoenix-cry
She's 20 grams heavier now than in this pic

Old 07-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #5
condor53
Thanks for responding. Not to bother you again, but do you know how long she was when you got her? She is an awesome animal!

Connor

Old 07-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #6
phoenix-cry
Hmmm...I don't normally check their length, I'm guessing she was about 8-10 inches at the time.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #7
condor53
Okay. That makes me feel much better. I picked up a 2011 100% het albino yesterday and she is 13 in. long. She seemed to be a little small to be a year old, but now i know she is. Thanks for the replies,

Connor

Old 07-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #8
phoenix-cry
Ah. Yup, 13 inches sounds about right for a year old gal!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!