My first hog - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-09-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
TextileHerps
My first hog

I picked up this 2yr male Western Hog off Craigslist for $70. I've been after one for a while now and I'm loving them even more now that i have one. His personality is amazing, he's so thoughtful about everything he does.. even eating. It's just adorable. I'm assuming this handsome male is a wild type.

I named him Harley... like the Motorcycles... cause ya, bad pun xD

Old 09-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #2
phoenix-cry
He's a cutie!! Welcome to Hognose, they are like potato chips, you can't have just one!!

I love his pattern.

Ounce for ounce there is no snake out there that packs as much personality into such a small package (and a fun turned up snout to boot!).

Old 09-18-2012, 01:21 AM   #3
TextileHerps
Thank you, I love him to death. I plan on getting him a girl one day, and yes I know what you mean. I love their babies too, so tiny with the little nose and everything. I cannot wait to get more.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #4
phoenix-cry
The babies are like fat little worms! So much fun!

Old 09-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #5
ReptileJay
They are definitely my favorite species to keep... (and I've kept a lot)

Old 09-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #6
Snake-Queen
I recently acquired a breeding trio. I never thought much of hogs ... till now. I fell in love with them right away. They are adorable! I can't wait to hatch some babies & see if they are as cute as KSB babies.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:28 PM   #7
phoenix-cry
Hard to be cuter than a KSB baby...what wins: tiny eyes or up turned nose?

Old 09-20-2012, 12:43 AM   #8
ReptileJay
I would vote hognose babies 100% of the time... The fact that they will occasionally play dead makes them beat almost anything else outright...

Old 09-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #9
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix-cry View Post
Hard to be cuter than a KSB baby...what wins: tiny eyes or up turned nose?
I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileJay View Post
I would vote hognose babies 100% of the time... The fact that they will occasionally play dead makes them beat almost anything else outright...
That will be interesting to observe, as I have never witnessed that before.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #10
TextileHerps
I want to get KSBs eventually, so once I start hatching both I may die from Cute... if that's possible.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!