Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 70 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:05 AM   #691
Casey Hulse
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrek View Post
That's all the OP asked for what was he shipping? Can you tell me why you think it's ok for TY to ship her an animal without disclosing any info about it?

You build incubators and according to your website The Best Reptile Incubators. Period. When I got back into breeding reptiles I asked who makes the best incubators (because I had bought a couple of incubators that ended up being pieces of crap) most people recommended yours. Because of this I paid you for one of your incubators because that's what I wanted. If for some reason you were unable to produce that incubator do you think you would have had the right to take my money and send me a different incubator? Would you have done that without telling me where it came from and who built it? Because that's what Ty asked the OP to do and it's nuts to me that people think that's ok.
Never, But that is not how I imagine it going down with Ty and Michelle. Both of them entered into this on good faith, both doing something "good" for the iguanas. Michelle is a winner and proceeds to explain to Ty the way HIS raffle is supposed to work, and Ty needs to give her $3000. Now, since TY did produce albinos, the $3000 is out (in his mind) so he tells her she will recieve her prize shortly, after he acquires them from a friend. She again Explains to Ty how his raffle works, and that she should get the $3000. Ty tells her, she is NOT getting the $$ because he did produce albinos. She tells him this is shady, his raffle is scammy, but insists Ty continue to provide her with information.
Now if Ty thought everything he was doing was above board (he may have felt that way), and here is Michelle Cutler basically calling him a scammer, I think the civility is over at that point. Ty felt like he would be reaping the admiration of iguana lovers, instead he is being called Shady, Scammy. he wanted to get this annoying person out of his life, not continue with this type of dialogue, he was done. (he could not provide her w/breeder info. if he was so inclined, because he could not find any blues anyway). He told her to send her address by such and such date, and her prize (albino tegu) would be shipped, or it would be re-auctioned.
She did not send her shipping address, the prize was re auctioned, and delivered. Then even after the law suit, Michelle is still contacting him, asking question to further her case.
She acts like a very sweet lady, but she never hesitates to bash anyone by agreeing with someone else s hateful post.

Quote:
If indeed there is a link between Casey Hulse and Ty Park (as Lucille and a couple others are theorizing), it may not be quite as direct as a fee for services rendered on the BOI.
This is funny to me because I have contacted Ty, at LUCILLES urging to try to help bring this to an end. Remember when you asked me to Lucille? To the best of my knowledge I have never done business with TY, or communicated with him in any way except the one instance.

I still feel like this forum will work better, and possibly this situation could have been resolved had there not been such a mob mentality here. It seems like a half dozen or so members try to keep the flow of a thread going the way they want it, by bullying anyone who disagrees with them. I remember the "wolf-pack", this is worse. This mob has a couple of leaders who start the attack, one is just plain mean, the other is more subtle, but just as nasty

Michelle, you can highlight an area of a post, hit copy, then paste it rather than copying the whole post if you want to address one specific area.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:43 AM   #692
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
Remember when you asked me to Lucille?
I do. It seems as if Ty is simply bent on doing what he wants and does not care that he is now seen by many as unethical and selfish.
The facts have been brought up again and again, but Casey, you seem to have suddenly initiated a string of defenses for Ty, and I believe what he did was wrong and I have every right to call it like I see it.

Quote:
try to keep the flow of a thread going the way they want it
That seems to be what you are doing, and your descriptions of those who believe in, and are trying to help Michelle, are very much personal attacks.

Old 02-11-2017, 11:56 AM   #693
Sugarhedgie
Casey says
Michelle is a winner and proceeds to explain to Ty the way HIS raffle is supposed to work, and Ty needs to give her $3000. Now, since TY did produce albinos, the $3000 is out (in his mind) so he tells her she will recieve her prize shortly, after he acquires them from a friend. She again Explains to Ty how his raffle works, and that she should get the $3000. Ty tells her, she is NOT getting the $$ because he did produce albinos. She tells him this is shady, his raffle is scammy, but insists Ty continue to provide her with information.

Someine had to remind him how HIS raffle was supposed to work. Because he started trying to change his own terms. DICTATING NOT EVEN ASKING

And if he felt that he did produce albinos
And therefore felt like
He didnt owe the money. Then why wouldn't he have just said I only
Produced purple albinos would you like
Me you one of those?
Instead he said I only produced purples they are worth 5,000
I only owe you 2500

People settle out of court all the time and after I filed he was the one who made that post in his page where I was attacked, called names and he lied to his followers several times. Because he told his followers he was going to give me a purple. And he never responded to my comment on his post asking for clarification. Yes I did message him for clarification. He said it's to late for that.

We have already went over Ty's demand of my shipping info , sorry if I wanted to know what this man was going to ship as he said no to the purple, said he didn't produce and could not get any t- but said is would be like one in the raffle photo. he didn't have in his statements a t- so I wanted to know what he was shipping.
Like most normal people would want to know

Old 02-11-2017, 12:19 PM   #694
nicksgrl26
There is a reason why when a car is raffled off there is like 2 pages of fine print. Unless there is a stipulation somewhere that you get a prize that is not was advertised somewhere then she is owed at least an albino tegu because the raffle has to be taken at face value. The 3,000 is another matter because it was mentioned in a "hey guys what do you think" manner and not the official raffle post done the next day.

Its unfortunate that the situation devolved as it did, it was for a good cause and I think egos and such got in the way of what it was really about. Overall, it doesn't matter how you feel about someone or how they come off to you, once you take the money you are in a contract with them, but sometimes when there is no meeting of the minds in said contract it can become null and void. In his head he seems to think you get "a" tegu and you think it was "his" tegu. The official raffle post doesn't help because it was "an albino tegu" and not his. To be honest this court case could go either way ....it would be 100% up to the judge because this is just a bunch of grey area stuff. He may say there was a reasonable expectation to get his or he could say hey it doesn't say it explicitly in the raffle. One thing I don't think you will get though is the money because it was never officially part of the raffle.

I hope Ty puts some fine print somewhere in his next raffle so there is no confusion next time and I hope eventually Michelle gets her albino tegu. Maybe you will get a baby from this season that is exactly what you won, who knows. I would just ask Ty to be empathetic to the situation. If you won something but came off as abrasive and then they didn't want to deal with you anymore, I doubt you would just forget about it and move on.

Old 02-11-2017, 12:52 PM   #695
Casey Hulse
Quote:
People settle out of court all the time and after I filed he was the one who made that post in his page where I was attacked, called names and he lied to his followers several times. Because he told his followers he was going to give me a purple. And he never responded to my comment on his post asking for clarification. Yes I did message him for clarification. He said it's to late for that.
I contacted Ty ( the first and only only time I have ever had any dialogue with him on your behalf, on Lucilles urging (she thought I could represent a somewhat "neutral" party) to try to help. Ty was very polite, but said he does not mind spending money in court to prove his case. This was done by FB messaging.

Old 02-11-2017, 03:16 PM   #696
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarhedgie View Post
People dontae because they can afford to and want to heck I donate to non profits as well but I dont ask for or require gratification I do it out of my heart.
almost every time ty speaks he gloats/brags about how much money he spends and how much money he donates.
While I do applaud him (as I would anyone who donates) for helping many causes. I do NOT for one second think his generosity should in any way shape or form relieve him of his obligation to give me the prize I won *even if he felt I was "greedy". I should not have to beg for it and I should not have to sue for it
TY SHOULD JUST GIVE IT TO ME !!
He basically made a contract and failed to make good on it. So is everyone supposed to praise him for donating $14,510 to the IRCF AND JUST WIPE IT UNDER THE RUG THAT HE SCAMMED ME OUT OF MY PRIZE. !!!!

What he did was wrong , shady, deceitful and manipulative. He tried to bully me into accepting whatever he chose to send me , he belittled me, slandered me and called me names. That is not a man who people should look up to no matter how much money he has to donate or has donated.
It is disgusting the way that he acted here. He is egotistical and narcissistic and he has no regard for other people's feelings. He obviously doesn't even know right from wrong

I am also dissapointed with the IRCFS responce to this. Thee bottom line is that ty raised $14,510 for the IRCF from this raffle/auction. (That's IF he even donated it all to them ) but the IRCF could have easily talked to ty and tried to persuade him to give me one of the 6 T+ albinos that he still has and like the other 3 received and if ty was not willing imo they should/could have given me the $3,000. It still would have left them with $11,510.
I get it....I agree with you.

I was speaking to Casey's integrity, not position on this matter. I disagree with him 100%.....that's ok. My post was a direct response to the accusation of him taking money to defend Ty.

If you want to prevail, both here and in court, try not to take it so personally when someone disagrees with you. The facts are on your side, and most can see that. It's really ok if some do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeinecynic View Post
I don't work with tegus, but I would absolutely not accept an unspecified animal without:

1: Having a photograph of said animal before I received it (to ensure the right animal was sent to me)

2: Have proof of who produced said animal (especially in light of something with genetics that I might potentially want to breed, species notwithstanding)

3: Have some kind of understanding of what day it is going to be shipped (mutual agreement)

Whatever else you think of Ty, he did not offer Michelle any of these options. She didn't continually ask for more information inadequately: she asked the questions any responsible reptile keeper would want.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrek View Post
That's all the OP asked for what was he shipping? Can you tell me why you think it's ok for TY to ship her an animal without disclosing any info about it?

You build incubators and according to your website The Best Reptile Incubators. Period. When I got back into breeding reptiles I asked who makes the best incubators (because I had bought a couple of incubators that ended up being pieces of crap) most people recommended yours. Because of this I paid you for one of your incubators because that's what I wanted. If for some reason you were unable to produce that incubator do you think you would have had the right to take my money and send me a different incubator? Would you have done that without telling me where it came from and who built it? Because that's what Ty asked the OP to do and it's nuts to me that people think that's ok.
And, yes.

Old 02-11-2017, 04:31 PM   #697
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCurtin View Post
I was speaking to Casey's integrity, not position on this matter.
Considering how he's chosen to justify Ty Park's actions in this matter, I think the two are pretty clearly intertwined. Like Ty, he may have once been a good guy who'd never rip someone off. Now? Based solely on his own words, I'm just not so sure. He's made statements that simply don't jibe with my own thoughts on what it means to have integrity.

Any amount of so-called annoyance Ty Park supposedly received from the OP having the audacity to calmly ask him questions could in any way justify her being left with nothing? Not with anyone who actually possesses integrity, I'd think. Unlike what he's whining about coming from the BOI "mob," I think it's pretty clear that the treatment she got from Ty and the sycophants on his Fakebook page is probably the closest thing to actual bullying that I've seen in this entire situation.

Ty Park having produced T+ albinos, in any way modifies a contract that specifically stated it pertained to the raffling of T- albinos? Yeah...NO!

She should have just accepted whatever he felt like sending her, and simply flipped it? Way to completely remove the onus from any given seller to actually send what was specifically purchased. Definitely not a Good Guy mindset to embrace.

In so desperately grasping at the most flimsy, nonsensical, non-existent straws to defend Ty's actions, I think he's clearly shown his current approximation of what integrity means to him. I find it very lacking in simple honesty and decency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse
She acts like a very sweet lady, but she never hesitates to bash anyone by agreeing with someone else s hateful post.
Agreeing with those who are more willing to call a spade a spade amounts to bashing? Your intellectual dishonesty truly knows no bounds - and I've come to really hate using the word "intellectual" in any sentence where you're the subject.

Old 02-11-2017, 04:35 PM   #698
Chris Kennard
Post #1 correspondence. Ty solicits his unsuspecting victim. His exact words. "How many of you would be interested if "I" ran an on-line raffle for a baby albino "blue" Tegu to be delivered in July?...if for any reason "I" do not produce any albino this year (chance of this will be almost none) I would pay the winner $3000 out of MY OWN POCKET. Where is the grey area here? How can anyone defend this creep? I don't give a rat's ass what he's done for charity, animals etc. He has proven himself to be an arrogant, self proclaimed elitist punk who has no problem using his popularity to abuse others who don't worship him. Self entitlement is a symptom of a few disorders. Narcissism and sociopathy are just two. I've been here almost 15 years, and for the first time, in a loooong time, I am witness to a patron I respected until now, SELL OUT!

Old 02-11-2017, 04:43 PM   #699
Chris Kennard
Quote:
I contacted Ty ( the first and only only time I have ever had any dialogue with him on your behalf, on Lucilles urging (she thought I could represent a somewhat "neutral" party) to try to help. Ty was very polite, but said he does not mind spending money in court to prove his case. This was done by FB messaging.
Wow! Youre such a hero! The only mistake Lucille made was trusting you to be on the right side of the fence. By the way, I heard that Jeffrey Dahmer was polite to people he friggin' ate. Just sayin'.

Old 02-11-2017, 05:07 PM   #700
nicksgrl26
If you are referring to me defending him about the grey area, I'm not defending either one, just looking at it from an objective point of view. Morally this whole thing kinda sucks and I definitely would not have handled it in the same way even if I had a fundamental difference of opinion or values, but you have to look at it objectively if you want any sort of reasonable solution.

The whole situation isn't a good one, but erasing all the emotional parts of it the only thing that will ultimately matter if it comes down to courts is what was written in the actual raffle. (Assuming the raffle was legal). On top of that, counting the eggs before they hatch ...the courts have no way of producing out of thin air an albino tegu so they would probably just refund the money she paid for it making her whole OR ask him to give her one once one is produced (the actual one in the raffle, not the upgrade unless he chose to upgrade). Its a bad situation from a poorly written raffle. Fine print is your friend, account for all possible situations in writing and this would not be happening.

I don't think ultimately the money would be awarded because it seems to me at that point he was thinking about it and then when the actual raffle was announced it was not included.

I think what is probably worse than that is that the animal was raffled a second time for an extra whatever amount of money. The other people in that raffle had more of a claim to the raffled animal than the next group that bid. You can't take the same item and raffle it twice. I think the whole first raffle should be voided and everyone in that group should get the money back that paid for tickets.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu