guess im the newest newb - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 04-22-2006, 12:29 AM   #11
ladyserpent7
welcome to Fauna Akira.....so..can you tell me a bit more about chinchillas..im thinking of getting them..but i dont really know anyone w/ personal experience to recommend them to me..are they easy to take care of....ive heard theyre nocturnal...so when can you play with them...can you even play with them?....thanks.....oh..and id love to see pics of your herps as well....oh...and do you have rose haired tarantulas..how are they as pets? thanks

Old 04-22-2006, 12:57 AM   #12
AkiraWolf
this is Jade my 13ft green burm
and rosie my brazilian red hair
mocha-chino standard burm yearling and hotep my albino standard burm Nuka my evil nile

theres a few for those that wanted to see pictures and my burms seemed to be of most interest i have other burms and herps but no pictures of them on this system i'll take some photos th is weekend.

~akira

Old 04-22-2006, 01:06 AM   #13
AkiraWolf
and to ladyserpent7 chinchillas are great pets first point to them is that they are hypoalergenic so no alergies to them they can be a bit of maintnence because they do not take baths like normal pets they require a special dust that they roll in that helps them maintain their wonderfully soft coat.. if you get them at a young age and keep them well handled they are great pets to play with as far as their sleep wake habbits mine sleep off and on throughout the day and night so they are very versitile as to when you can play with them ... which you can do they dont have claws like other rodents they are very small and dont require clipping if you want further information on them i'll be happy to ablige. from experience on rose hairs they are the most doscile of tarantulas good for first timers, they are very tolerant to owners mistakes and are easy to care for ... i have 7 i think *isnt gonna run around the house to count them* they are the least aggressive tarantula i have ever delt with and are very common as pets the care for them is simple, for slings i feed them every two days either pinhead crickets or young lobster roaches... for my older rose hairs i have what is called two cricket tuesdays my older rosehairs get two large crickets every tuesday. hope this helps you

~akira

Old 04-27-2006, 09:39 PM   #14
AkiraWolf
what do you all think of the critters i've posted so far? i can put up more photo's if you wish.

Old 04-28-2006, 12:20 AM   #15
ladyserpent7
wow..where do you find the space to keep such big animals...you are very lucky...my room barely fits me and giselle..my hog...but im hoping to squeeze some space for red tail, chinchilla, and tarantula....hey...im allowed to dream.
and i would love to see more pics...of all your animals

Old 04-28-2006, 08:05 AM   #16
AkiraWolf
pix of my redtail to come *i forgot to resize it oops
"beta" the beardie
my three larger burmese pythons the biggest green is "jade" you've met her already the albino is cleopatra and the smaller green is julias cesar
one of my Tokay gecko's
one of my favorite pix of Lex my black and white argintine tegu
my female amazon tree boa
cesar and cleo again
sheeva my golden tegu

thats all i'll post for now tell me what u think in addition to my other herp pix i've posted

~Akira

Old 04-28-2006, 11:56 AM   #17
Eden's Exotic Haven
Welcome. NICE collection! I can't wait until I can get more, at the moment I only have ball pythons, rats and mice, I can't get anything else until I move into a place that allows pets LOL.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:24 PM   #18
AkiraWolf
*whispers* dont tell my land lord! im not even supposed to have a dog.... which i do have a 100lb black german shepard *snickers* and cats that i have to count every time one of my larger snakes get loose *notes that that is always fun* the three cats hate it though.

Old 04-29-2006, 04:03 AM   #19
ladyserpent7
lex and beta are my fav. pics............so far

Old 04-29-2006, 06:41 PM   #20
AkiraWolf
yeah lex is my baby he's spoiled rotten

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!