feeding my horned frog - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:14 AM   #1
Kalie
feeding my horned frog

Some of you might have seen the thread earlier about when I got my lovely horned frog. I'm still over the moon that I have him, he has almost doubled in size already without looking overly fat. He's so great
Now I was wondering something and thought some of you might have an answer to this. When I have fed him (small grasshopper, silkworm, sometimes a pinkie), it seems his belly bulges out a bit, but only on one side, mostly the right. Is this normal? Just wondering...
Any answer would be appreciated.
thanks

Old 08-19-2010, 04:50 PM   #2
Felcane
I'm pretty sure it's normal. All of our frogs do that too. I think they're pushing the food around in their stomach to make room for more. It looks funny though, lol. Sometimes you can see a mouse nose sticking out the side of the frog.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:17 PM   #3
Kalie
Thank you so much for answering! Last time I fed him a grasshopper, I clearly saw one of the legs sticking out. He was pushing his belly with his hind legs for quite a while, until it wasn't sticking out anymore. I was really starting to get worried here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!