My adopted German Giant, ohh yeah and Rascals! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #11
angie.h
To determine the sex, you have to arch the tail up over the back to expose the vent area....if you post a pic, someone can help. Also, you mentioned that there seems to be a crookrdness to the back/ spine ? I can't see it from the pictures, but that would be caused by MBD, but again, I can't really see it there.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #12
Cffilc
Will be posting pictures before 5pm today, was unable to take a few before leaving today. The other day the GG, was sleeping on the glass fully vertical... so I guess the spine is ok? it doesn't hurt to be straight?

But I feel it has some little curve too it... Would better diet and proper nutrition cure this potential problem?

Gave them a giant salad before leaving, will give a few roaches later when I get home.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #13
Snake-Queen
The majority of my dragons will occasionally sleep pressed up against the glass, vertically. I thought when I got my first few dragons they were weird. They babies will do it too. So it is something that they do.

I am not sure about the curve in the spine. Nor am I positive about MBD, but I think when they are afflicted with it there is no cure.
Read here

Old 08-25-2011, 03:19 AM   #14
Cffilc

Took a bunch of pictures, hoping someone can sex her, and see if they see anything wrong with her.. I feel her spine has some problems? I can just be worrying for nothing. She ate some salad, and only 1 or 2 roaches today.

I got all the dragons super's as a treat, and a way to plump GG up. I gave her about 8 worms yesterday and only one today, it somehow wasn't eaten in the tank.

I think the smaller dragon has MBD? or signs of it I'll have to get pictures ASAP for someone to see if they can tell?

I just skimmed that link (thanks btw). I saw twitching of toes, as a sign. I observed the other day one of his toes tapping almost like someone doing Morris code, I don't know if that's considered twitching but I think it would be.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:13 AM   #15
angie.h
I see the dragon looks thinner now in these close ups. Keep feeding twice a day if it will eat that often. As for sexing,you can't tell from those pics, the way to do it is to bend the tail up in the air and take a picture from behind, but the tail looks so thin you'd have to do it with great care. You might just wait until there's is some weight gain and improvement in health because this dragon is way too thin to breed anyway, so it might be stressful to be arching the tail back in the way that shows the hemi- pene bulges or lack of. The tail's thinness does look more likely to be female, but it's still just a guess.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:34 AM   #16
Cffilc
What would you suggest, fed twice a day for the 10-15 as much as she'll eat? Or 5 or so roaches twice a day?

Like I said she's been fed every two months.. I feel this kid was trying to kill them to get rid of them, but saying "Its ok to feed them every 2 months!!!" and when they died he would haven't felt as bad.. Anyway I'm get this kid fired, if not I feel I"ll make some sort of campagin on facebook about the pet shop and I'll use Fauana and BD.org.

Last night I layed down with her on my chest, she get's some what skittish at times, she'll try to run away but only moves a few inches. She sat on my chest for a good 10 minutes, then I moved her onto the bed it self, and acted as if I was sleeping closed my eyes, I had one open enough to see her, and I had my hand on her side so if she moved I could get her, along with pillows on her side of the bed on the floor if she jumped off. My beds only 2,5ft tall. Runonsetances ftl.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:14 PM   #17
Snake-Queen
Like angie.h said, it is hard to tell the sex from those pictures. But from the femoral pores it looks like it might be a female. Poor thing is very thin, so it is very hard to tell. It is hard to tell from those pics about her spine. Take one directly above her, not to far away. It may just be that she is so thin.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #18
Cffilc
Thank you both for the help, advice for me and compassion for me my dragon.

Trying to find my digital camera... Been using girlfriends Black berry, better than my cell phone, and I can't get my pictures to internet easily.

When she gets home later tonight, I will take more pictures. I'll take a few pictures of her directly above, and from different angles to hopefully get the right shot that would be needed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!