What are all the beardie breeders keeping their babies in? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-25-2011, 02:01 AM   #11
Mreynolds101110
This was my first year having many clutches( last two years I only had a couple of clutches) so I needed something better than just a couple of tanks. I bought an industrial shelving unit and built racks into it. I wired my light fixtures to the particle board. I bought identical totes to house the babies. During the first week/two weeks after hatching, I used paper towel to hold more moisture. After that, I used no substrate and found it easier to clean/feed that way( nothing can hide). I use a spray bottle to mist a couple times a day and give frequent baths. I can also put a 75 gallon tank on the shelving unit bottom.

I used a digital mini fridge this year to try out, I wish they were more spacious but had a really great hatch rate with it( it did fluctuate 3-4 degrees from top to bottom though). Vermiculite is the medium I use for the eggs.

Next year I plan on trying to make any improvements I can think of

Old 10-25-2011, 08:37 PM   #12
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mreynolds101110 View Post
During the first week/two weeks after hatching, I used paper towel to hold more moisture. After that, I used no substrate and found it easier to clean/feed that way( nothing can hide).
A bare bottom or paper towels is probably the safest way to avoid impaction and it works well with spraying the sides of the tub to give them a drink.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:04 AM   #13
Eazy 323
baby beardies shouldnt be in sand!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!