Help I don't know if my Dragon is sick - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-09-2011, 07:22 PM   #1
Titobattilocchi
Help I don't know if my Dragon is sick

I don't know if my Dragon is sick, stressed or if it's nothing. She has her mouth open a lot when she basks, when I go to feed her and when I hold her. Is it a respiratory infection and if so how do you fix that problem. She is only a few months old. She was looking real thin and I finally got some weight on her but still not where I would like it. But a lot better. Any Help would be much Appreciated

Old 12-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titobattilocchi View Post
Is it a respiratory infection and if so how do you fix that problem.

Any Help would be much Appreciated
Find a good herp vet.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
jmp745
beardies bask with their mouths open quit a bit. Some more than others. I hear it has something to do with regulating their temperature, but I dont remember where I read that. The food and handling part I dont know. Is he timid and just trying to scare you or something?

Old 12-11-2011, 01:09 AM   #4
DeMeNtEdDoGz
If its a URI youll usually hear a rasping noise periodically from the dragon. This can also be caused by shedding around the nose and can be a false sign. If her mouths just open shes most likely to hot, what is her hot and cold side temps?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!