Picture of "Wild" Tokay From house in Indonesia. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-02-2005, 12:47 PM   #1
freezeframeplus
Picture of "Wild" Tokay From house in Indonesia.

Hi all,
I do not have tokay but really interested in it. I was originally from Indonesia and we have a lot of house geckos and tokays in the house! Not all house have tokays, but house geckos, yes! Tokay normally lives in more smaller town area and not in the big city (I lived in big city). Anyway I never seen any tokay while I was living there (heard a lot of them). So I was so curious to compare it with the CB tokay that I've saw on this board. Last night. my brother send me a picture of Indonesian common tokay, WOW! Now that makes me wish I catch one while I was living there! LOL...
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2005, 10:21 PM   #2
Karen Hulvey
That's a pretty tokay. How long would you estimate he is?
Here's a picture of mine. I'm sure mine is not a CB animal and came from the wild.

Old 02-02-2005, 10:42 PM   #3
Karen Hulvey
I hope your family is well after the tsunami?

Okay, here's the picture I forgot to include in the last post.
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2005, 07:19 PM   #4
Road Warrior
Thanks freezeframeplus, cool wild Tokay pic. There is no visual differences between wild and CB Tokays. CB's are still very aggressive but some do become handleable much more than others. I believe the farther into the breedings lines you get the tamer they will become, generations down the road. I hatch a few every year that you can tell right off the bat will be good specimens for taming. Heres a few more CB Tokays, one is of new hatchlings and one of the bigger Juvies just recently layed my first clutch of eggs from CB Tokays I hatched here at home, I'm looking foward to this new generation to hatch prob in another 60 days or so. Good luck on aquiring a Tokay, their actually pretty awsome and entertaining gecko's to keep.
Attached Images

Old 02-05-2005, 03:00 AM   #5
freezeframeplus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey
Here's a picture of mine. I'm sure mine is not a CB animal and came from the wild.
Hi Karen,
Sorry I couldn't reply to you right away, I just got back from 2 days skiing trip with my family! Anyway I hae no idea how long is that tokay . I wasn't there (I wish, so I could snatch it . My brother teh one whoe sent me that picture (that tokay was in a rented cabin that he stayed for a holiday).

Thank you for your concern for my family. Yes they are find! The live far away from Sumatra (in Jakarta to be exact, the vapital city).

Priscilla Neergaard

Old 02-05-2005, 03:05 AM   #6
freezeframeplus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior
Thanks freezeframeplus, cool wild Tokay pic. There is no visual differences between wild and CB Tokays. CB's are still very aggressive but some do become handleable much more than others. I believe the farther into the breedings lines you get the tamer they will become, generations down the road. I hatch a few every year that you can tell right off the bat will be good specimens for taming. Heres a few more CB Tokays, one is of new hatchlings and one of the bigger Juvies just recently layed my first clutch of eggs from CB Tokays I hatched here at home, I'm looking foward to this new generation to hatch prob in another 60 days or so. Good luck on aquiring a Tokay, their actually pretty awsome and entertaining gecko's to keep.
Hi Jim,
Wow thanks a lot for all the pictures of your tokays! COOL! How many colors are there in tokays worls? According to my dad the one tokay in my picture was the colorful one, mostly they are balckish and brownish... I'm really interested to know more about tokay know... Aren't they noise?

Priscilla

Old 02-05-2005, 03:11 AM   #7
freezeframeplus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey
Karen,
After looking at the picture again (and knew the estimate size of the tiles in the picture) I would say my guestimate that the tokay is about 9-10" from head to tail.

Priscilla

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!