Good Guy American Reptile Distributors aka William Gangemi - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-21-2019, 03:53 PM   #1
Tim Cole
American Reptile Distributors aka William Gangemi

On January 3rd, I received 1.1 Elephant Trunk Snakes from William. Thank goodness he packed them well since they were left by our side door in 40' weather! Delivery service did not ring our doorbell or even leave them by the front door. Fortunately, a friend happen to come over and saw the box.

The snakes were newborn but looked to be healthy.

In the last 4 days they have fed on 25 Rosy Reds and look they they have even grown a bit since I go them.

Thanks William!

Old 01-21-2019, 04:40 PM   #2
Mike Schultz
Saw his trunk snakes at repticon; they looked good and healthy!

Old 01-21-2019, 07:00 PM   #3
elena
He's a convicted animal smuggler, but no worries if he's selling something that looks good...

Old 01-21-2019, 07:12 PM   #4
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
He's a convicted animal smuggler, but no worries if he's selling something that looks good...
I don't believe anybody attempted to make the claim that his elephant trunk snakes looking healthy would excuse any criminal allegations. I don't know any details surrounding that and I am not a lawyer so I cannot pretend I am qualified to provide any input there.

I do know where the trunk snakes originated and who imported them, and that they were not smuggled. Somebody said they were in good shape and I agreed, as I saw them myself as well.

Have a great day!

Old 01-21-2019, 08:03 PM   #5
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
I don't believe anybody attempted to make the claim that his elephant trunk snakes looking healthy would excuse any criminal allegations.
He plead guilty; it is not a matter of "allegations": https://www.justice.gov/usao-sc/pr/n...le-trafficking

Presumably, Elena means not that the particular snakes being discussed were smuggled. But calling a wildlife trafficker a "good guy" simply because he sold nice snakes is clearly questionable.

Old 01-22-2019, 12:27 PM   #6
Vorlon1
LIFE GOES ON !!!

ALWAYS....

LET THE BUYER BEWARE....

I don't recall seeing the words "good guy" anywhere but in your post...

Old 01-22-2019, 12:44 PM   #7
AbsoluteApril
A green check is 'good guy' in the thread subject.

Old 01-22-2019, 08:22 PM   #8
loreleig
Can’t believe the “self-righteous indignation” of sf some individuals. He screwed up, and has paid or will pay for it in the future. If the guy is sorry for what he did, and doesn't repeat this illegal behavior again, then that’s good enough for me. All these “sinless” people throwing stones; and I am NOT minimizing the crime he committed, all I’m saying is people make mistakes, sometimes serious ones, and pay the price, do their due diligence and move on. Other “holier-than-thou” individuals (and there are many), never seem able to do the said same.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:33 PM   #9
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by loreleig View Post
then that’s good enough for me.
Great. We're all happy that you're satisfied. Now, the turtles he smuggled -- they're not so happy. But really, you're satisfied, so that's what's important. Not like anyone around here should be concerned about wild reptile populations, I guess.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:35 PM   #10
elena
Of course we shouldn't be concerned, as long as Leyna imagines that he is sorry.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!