Wow, my first time! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-17-2006, 03:10 AM   #1
Leighanne
Wow, my first time!

Not my first shed, that was Jake. I did get to see Gexie shed tonite! It was awesome!!! Sorry, my first Gecko shed. We had held him today and he was very pale, and his skin was lose. We had seen him pale before, but no lose skin or anything. I walked in on him when he was more then half way down his body. I watched him pull it off, and he had some hang between his leg and his tummy, weird, but very kool. My question is how in the blue world are they able to pull it off their heads??? He also got every piece of skin off!! Yeah for me another successful shed!! I wish I had a camera! I have read on some websites that they mist their Gecko, and some say no. I did, but definatley won't do it again if this is bad. I didn't get to the don't do it site first. I did give him a humid hide though with a paper towel. I also have him on Aspen Shavings with paper towels underneath. The back of it said it was good for Leopard Geckos, then I have read on a site that shavings can be bad? I haven't seen him ingest any and I have watched him eat in it. He is older. Its seems to me like a lot of these issues are debatable, and I guess up to the owner. I am listening and willing to take advice, but I have not seen any problems yet, and I monitor him closely. I donno, what are your opinions? Anybody willing to share a shedding story or two would fabulous to! Thank You! Jakers is about to shed again within the next week to!! #2 for him!!

Old 05-17-2006, 05:55 AM   #2
LadyGecko
Hi Leighanne-I really would not use aspen shavings with a Leo
There is a chance that the can eat small pieces of it
I'm sorry but i can't remember what age/size that your Leos are
if they are still babies/juvies-just use the paper towels
Not very pretty but relatively safe
I wonder with the rise in popularity of Leo keeping if paper towels companies have reported an increase in sales-LOL
I love it when i catch my Leos shedding

Old 05-17-2006, 07:47 AM   #3
Jake The Snake
Congrats, its always exciting. When I first read the post I thought it was you that was shedding!!! lol j/k

Old 05-17-2006, 10:20 AM   #4
A_Kendergirl
They get the head skin off with a combination of yawning and rubbing up against something. Once they get it rolled down to about their shoulders, they can reach it with their mouth. It's pretty cool if you ever get to catch the full thing.

Old 05-17-2006, 10:44 AM   #5
BalloonzForU
Yeah it's pretty neat to watch them go through the whole process of shedding. When I peak in and see one with it just starting, where it's just sticking up off the nose, I usually stay and watch.

Old 05-17-2006, 04:34 PM   #6
Jake The Snake
I've seen it from start to finish only 2 time. Now that I have a couple more geckos in the house i am hoping I can watch it more

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!