Clark's diet questions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 12:20 AM   #1
HyderHouseHerps
Clark's diet questions

I was planning on buying some of Clark's diet for some of my picky eaters but need some more info on it. It looks like there are a few different types.

I mainly intend to use it for gargoyles and a chahoua but not sure which % to use for a chahoua?

I also have some phelsuma that I may get some for but again have no idea what the % means or what formula is used for what species.

There is a 20%, 30% and complete version. Any info you guys have is greatly appreciated.

Cindy

Old 06-28-2010, 05:59 PM   #2
Sublime Reptiles
onestly Repashy is the way to go. I tried clarks once on my picky eaters, none of them eate it, and even my non picky eaters didnt eat it, I only had a couple out of 20+ eat it. If you have a picky eater have you tried the part 2 diets? I find Mango and Passionfruit is a big hit here. Also some reluctant eaters will eat CGD when mixed with from fruit puree. I had found when I bought an adult female garg from someone, who fed baby food and clarks and the occasional CGD, she woulnt eat plain old CGD. I mixed mango puree (Looza or Hero brand from the grocery store will work) with water (50/50 or a 60/40 ratio) then mixed that with CGD as usual, and she ate it up. I then bought the mango part 2 which she happily ate. She now readily eats the normal CGD.

Although Clarks isnt a terrible food IMO it isnt as complete as Repashy, it would make a good treat but I personally wouldnt offer it as a main diet. Here are a few threads going on pangea about the product and what people there think of it.
http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...ht=clarks+diet
http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...ghlight=clarks

Old 07-09-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
Leif
There is also the two part diet where, if live feeders are offered weekly, you can mix the two parts in a 50/50 mix which is a little sweeter and with select flavors like fig, rose and mango. Helps with the picky eaters.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!