Crested Gecko Diet MRP Repashy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 04:40 PM   #1
eddieriv
Crested Gecko Diet MRP Repashy

Hey I am getting a pair of Cresties and wanted peoples opinions on the MRP diet. I know that its a great product and I am going to use it obviously but I wanted some input on the flavor nectars. They have flavors that range from mango, banana, passion fruit and even rose. What have you been seeing is the favorite flavor in most of your geckos? I'm sure they will eat it no matter what however I wanted to know if people had more success with specific flavors than others.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:03 AM   #2
HyderHouseHerps
Some of mine liked mango alot but I hated the smell of it. I would like to know what other flavors are favorites of day geckos and other rhacs.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:58 PM   #3
WingedWolf
My Lygodactylus williamsi wouldn't eat regular Repashy CGD at first, but then I simply gave them some peach babyfood--that got them interested. I mixed it 50/50 with the CGD, and after a week I offered them plain (regular formula Repashy) CGD, and they ate it without issue.

Now they will eat regular Repashy CGD, Mango 2-part Repashy, Clark's CGD, and pretty much anything else that I put into that specific feeding cup, lol. (L. williamsi are just incredible chowhounds).
From this I learned, though, that not all geckos recognize plain CGD as being a food item until they actually taste it, so they may need to be coaxed with something that has a stronger fruity smell first.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:04 AM   #4
HyderHouseHerps
I agree! I breed L williamsi and P standingi and my standing's are actually more picky about the repashy. They will eat baby food any day though! My lil ones are a piece of cake now though. I usually get cherry because it smells so good and they seem to like it ok although I think the mango is popular with everyone. My Rhacs will eat about anything except the chahoua! She is the pickiest gecko I have and will eat very little of the repashy and is even picky about which bugs she will eat. I even have halmaheras on repashy and out of all my geckos, they will clean their bowls first, any flavor!

Old 05-14-2010, 02:10 PM   #5
garweft
I like the regular old CGD. Tastes kinda like a banana nut bread flavored wheat germ heath food shake....

Old 05-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #6
SamanthaJane13
Check out the Pangea forums, and use the search function for "MRP...flavors".

http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/index.php

There are MANY threads debating the various flavors and which are favorites!

Old 05-30-2010, 06:53 PM   #7
leaveittoweaver
Mine always ate the original bananaish flavor.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:44 PM   #8
HyderHouseHerps
Thanks for the link, Sam. I wish they had an actual banana flavored repashy. Everyone loves banana!

Old 06-01-2010, 03:12 PM   #9
Jateui
A lot of people kept saying "rose" was a favorite flavor. So some of the fixes/medications have this flavor. Mine would never touch the stuff.

They all love banana though. It depends on the gecko I guess. I had a chahoua that liked strawberry, but wouldn't touch it unless there was mango mixed in. But he would attempt to eat the bowl (not even kidding, I had to literally use a small dog bowl for him so he wouldn't hurt himself) if I used banana.

I honestly stick to the 1 part diet and just mix in the flavoring a little depending on how picky a particular gecko is. I have to mix in a little apple sauce for my Oedura to even touch some CGD.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!