Heavy parasite load found in ball python from Ed Clark - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:38 PM   #61
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDeus
Ed's "Gifts that keep on giving".
Now he will offer to send a can of PAM free of charge to Emily.

Ed, were these captive born and bred holdbacks like she was supposed to get or were they imports? If they were CBB were they ever in contact with imports?

You will want to make sure no other animals go out until this can be determined if there is cross contamination or not.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:00 PM   #62
SPJ
Hey Ed, did you advise this buyer to have a fecal done just to be on the safe side?

From KS - posted by rcgray
Quote:
Hey all, I got three new ball python morphs this morning from three different people to go into my collection for future breeding.
I got a male spider, female pastel, and female cinny.
I also wanted to give a good note/recomendation to all 3 people that I got these aniamls from.
The 07 spider male came from David Van Houten
The 07 pastel female came from Susan Sentman @SSNAKES
The 06 cinny female came from Ed Clark

All three were easy to work with and answered all questions I had prior to purchasing, and after recieving the aniamls this morning they were honest and right on target.
I will try to post pics in a few days after there settled in

On another good note, I am getting a male pastel, female mojave, and male bumblebee tomorrow!!! I cant wait
Then on the 6th of October I get my male mojave, and male albino, cant wait for those either!!!

Old 09-18-2007, 01:13 PM   #63
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport
Jim's right, this is a diaper load. Tell me, do you, as a matter of routine, have a fecal done immediately on every animal you receive?
Yes, actually I do. I usually schedule a vet check within a few days of the animal's arrival ahead of time. Never more than a week.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:14 PM   #64
LadyOhh
The bottom line is, Emily could have and probably should have done the fecals when she got the snakes.

I completely agree with Clay that hindsight is 20/20.

This does not give anyone the right to jump on Emily for that. She is doing right by this, absolutely.

Ed, however, is not...

Old 09-18-2007, 01:36 PM   #65
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyOhh
The bottom line is, Emily could have and probably should have done the fecals when she got the snakes.

I completely agree with Clay that hindsight is 20/20.

This does not give anyone the right to jump on Emily for that. She is doing right by this, absolutely.

Ed, however, is not...
Where oh where IS mr. clark?

It seems he's ever-present when he is following someone else's trail and yet, here, where he has some VERY serious allegations to answer to, he is conspicuously absent.

Seems rather cowardly to me.

Does anyone else see this as cowardly?

I mean a guy with as big a voice as mr. clark has surely couldn't be afraid to answer a few simple questions about his dealings. Could he?

Oops, silly me. It's his M.O., method of DAILY OPERATION to AVOID any questions that answering might cast a negative pall on him.

Way to go mr. clark, way to go. Yet another EXCELLENT recommendation to those who have bought and paid for moderation to allow ANYONE in their ranks. Yessir, no need for any kind of screening or evaluation at all.

Guys like you, mr. clark, make this WHOLE site, not just the mini-mods, something to laugh at.

You should be ashamed of yourself and your behaviour, mr. clark.

ASHAMED.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:37 PM   #66
tim8dena
honestly i think this could have been settled easier then this..i can see both sides to the matter..yes these animals have been in her collection for 10 months..she could have gotten a sample done but didnt...these in fact could be cbb as ed states..he did have mites at one time and corrected the situation..i do beleive the parisites could have came from the mites at one time..animals could have been shipped the same day he shipped out ch or imports and the bags touched each other prior to going into correct shipping boxes...

there are many possibilties here..i dont think it needed another bash ed in the boi thread but emily felt ed was not responding quick enough to her..even now ed does little to stop this attack..perhaps he feels he is in the right here and i can see where he would feel that way...no i am not siding with ed or emily......

i feel emily should have given a few more days for ed to try to figure something out for her...she was not asking for anything from him only wanting him to know..therefore she thought she was protecting others..but still the boi can be painfull and costly for sellers..now many will question whether to buy from ed over the next few weeks based on assumptions...
emily states she has kept these animals seperate from any contact etc..we are human and we do screw up ocasionally..this could be the case as well..there is no way to prove this nor any way to prove the contamination came from ed

ed i feel you should have been more aggressive with her..you could have prevented all of this by answering a few more questions etc..there is a possibilty they came from you..after all you do handle imports as well..a mite or unwashed hand etc could have spread..i dont think ed would have purposley sold you infected animals...

so where are we now..

ed gets bashed again!!!!! emily gets bashed for bashing ed!!!!!!!!

cant we get along people!!!!!!!!!..i honestly feel half of the comments were those who have personal issues against ed not due to the fact these animals were contaminated..

most breeders give 24 hour live arrival guarentee...not 10 month..the breeder can not guarentee whats happens for 10 months in the future...

to blame ed or emily is not fair..but who will lose the most out of this..not emily i assure you

thats my 2 cents

tim

Old 09-18-2007, 01:44 PM   #67
Keith Northrop
Talking Hey.....Wheres Ed when you need him?

I hope this thread reads not like "The Rise and Fall of the Third Riech"
All over a parasite............HaHaHa...

Old 09-18-2007, 01:48 PM   #68
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim8dena

there are many possibilties here..i dont think it needed another bash ed in the boi thread but emily felt ed was not responding quick enough to her..even now ed does little to stop this attack

i feel emily should have given a few more days for ed to try to figure something out for her...she was not asking for anything from him only wanting him to know..therefore she thought she was protecting others..

emily states she has kept these animals seperate from any contact etc..we are human and we do screw up ocasionally..this could be the case as well..there is no way to prove this nor any way to prove the contamination came from ed

ed i feel you should have been more aggressive with her..you could have prevented all of this by answering a few more questions etc..there is a possibilty they came from you..after all you do handle imports as well..a mite or unwashed hand etc could have spread..

so where are we now..

ed gets bashed again!!!!! emily gets bashed for bashing ed!!!!!!!!

cant we get along people!!!!!!!!!..i honestly feel half of the comments were those who have personal issues against ed not due to the fact these animals were contaminated..

most breeders give 24 hour live arrival guarentee...not 10 month..the breeder can not guarentee whats happens for 10 months in the future...

to blame ed or emily is not fair..but who will lose the most out of this..not emily i assure you

thats my 2 cents

tim
Tim,

It's not about getting anything, you have tangented off here.

It makes NO difference what guarentee anyone does or does not give, nothing was asked for, this is NOT about gurarentees. If it was, even I would tell Emily she was SOAL.

THIS is about honest representation and responsibility and one particular individuals habitual inability to do that and take it on, respectively.

Emily wants NOTHING from mr. clark. Once you actually realize that, then all of the talk of guarentees and time limits and what she should have done, becomes moot.

She trusted mr. clark when he told her that she would not find cleaner animals than his, that he was trading her CAPTIVE BRED AND BORN HOLDBACKS from his own breeders.

She is simply stating that she, as with some others, was not given the truth by mr. clark.

It's as simple as that on her end.

mr. clark now, his lack of response, his knowing/not knowing which snakes they were depending on whose post he's replying to, he total inability to take any responsibility for this, that speaks to the type of person he is.

THAT is very important to many people. With all the Regius breeders out there, why do business with a known liar when you can find good honest breeders to give your money to?

mr. clark brought this on himself by his treatment of Emily.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:53 PM   #69
tim8dena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Tim,

It's not about getting anything, you have tangented off here.

It makes NO difference what guarentee anyone does or does not give, nothing was asked for, this is NOT about gurarentees. If it was, even I would tell Emily she was SOAL.

THIS is about honest representation and responsibility and one particular individuals habitual inability to do that and take it on, respectively.

Emily wants NOTHING from mr. clark. Once you actually realize that, then all of the talk of guarentees and time limits and what she should have done, becomes moot.

She trusted mr. clark when he told her that she would not find cleaner animals than his, that he was trading her CAPTIVE BRED AND BORN HOLDBACKS from his own breeders.

She is simply stating that she, as with some others, was not given the truth by mr. clark.

It's as simple as that on her end.

mr. clark now, his lack of response, his knowing/not knowing which snakes they were depending on whose post he's replying to, he total inability to take any responsibility for this, that speaks to the type of person he is.

THAT is very important to many people. With all the Regius breeders out there, why do business with a known liar when you can find good honest breeders to give your money to?

mr. clark brought this on himself by his treatment of Emily.
again i understand your point as well..i guess bottom line is ed just respond and clear this up and everybody move on..if not then ed i guess it will be your own fault..no point in losing more customers over something this simple

tim

Old 09-18-2007, 02:02 PM   #70
rabernet
Quote:
If the rest of Emily's collection tests negative, and the animals from Ed test positive, would that not lead to just one conclusion? That the animals came from Ed with this parasitic load?

She also breeds her own feeders, so if it came from feeders, one would have to assume her entire collection is infected as a result, and my understand is that this is not what she's experiencing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!