breeding - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-07-2010, 02:30 AM   #11
SamanthaJane13
You also want to make sure your female is AT LEAST 35 grams and the male a similar weight.

That will prevent her from becoming egg-bound, which can cost her her life!!

For GREAT info, community, and support, join one or all of these forums.

Most people into cresties belong to all of them, and they are invaluable to us!!

ALL THREE specialize in cresties and rhacs.

http://www.ciliatus.com/forums/

http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/index.php

http://www.forums.repashy.com/index.php

Old 06-07-2010, 02:30 AM   #12
roadrunnermalwi
i do got 2 water dishes and 3 food dishes plus i put a dozen dusted cricks in there for them to chase if they want or to watch for a snack when ever as soon as i can ill post some pics of the tank for all to see its a full on trum with plants and all plus a misting system that runs every 4 to 6 hours for 1 min and shuts off so ill i have to do is keep food in there for them and a little cleaning here and there

Old 06-07-2010, 03:12 AM   #13
SamanthaJane13
Cresties need more than just dusted crickets to be healthy!!!

They need Repashy Crested Gecko Diet as their main food source, because they're frugiforous (sp?) geckos-not insectivores.

Insects are fine for snacks, though.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:23 AM   #14
roadrunnermalwi
They get Repashy Crested Gecko Diet plus to sweetin it up a little bit i put very little baby food in there i was debeating on if i should get some fresh fruit to puree for them to put in the cgd but not sure what kind i know about bananas but been reading and see post about other fruits but not total sure

Old 06-07-2010, 03:42 AM   #15
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunnermalwi View Post
They get Repashy Crested Gecko Diet plus to sweetin it up a little bit i put very little baby food in there i was debeating on if i should get some fresh fruit to puree for them to put in the cgd but not sure what kind i know about bananas but been reading and see post about other fruits but not total sure
By mixing baby food or fruit into the CGD, you upset the nutritional value of the food.

If you want to change to flavor for your geckos, try the 2 part diet-it's sold on-line at Pangea-

http://www.pangeareptile.com/store/t...ecko-diet.html

By adding baby food or other things, you're basically rendering the values to giving a can of soda and a bag of potato chips to an toddler.

They might LIKE it, but it's not good for them.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:02 AM   #16
roadrunnermalwi
should of never gave me that site for the catalog now i can spend like a couple hundred there and not even think about it but thak you for the part about the food

Old 06-07-2010, 04:42 AM   #17
SamanthaJane13
LOL-that's what we do!!! We help each other.

20 years ago, if you wanted to breed herps, you had to have connections to someone who would walk you through it all. There was no internet!! And herpers kept their secrets like misers keep their money!!

A few money saving tips-

Dollar Tree sells 5/6 foot garlands of silk leaves. For a BUCK! Cut them to length for your tank and add suction cup hooks (True Value hardware has them pretty cheap.) to the ends for Tarzan swings and such.

They also carry suction cup soap dishes that make great ledges for sleeping and resting. Also a BUCK!

Also, RECYCLE!!

I use Gatorade caps for dishes, plastic jar lids for water dishes, paper towel/toilet paper tubes for tunnels, and margarine tubs for hides and lay boxes. The tank may not look fancy, but you're saving money AND the environment!

Old 06-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #18
SamanthaJane13
By the way-I noticed this morning that you'd already joined Pangea's forum and got several answers to your questions.

I'm assuming that you didn't like their advice.

I whole-heartedly agree with everything they said, including quarantining your geckos when you buy them, before you introduce them to each other.

It's really not too cool to play one forum off against another to get the info you want vs. the real facts that need to be stated.

There is a LOT of member over-lap between crested gecko forums, and when the word gets out that you've joined all of them and are asking the same questions, many members just might stop answering your questions altogether.

Just a word of warning...

Old 06-08-2010, 07:43 AM   #19
roadrunnermalwi
this is for the ones who wanted to see the tank that the cresteds are in
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...pictureid=7598

plus there is anthor pic in my album for my profile

Old 06-09-2010, 07:09 AM   #20
roadrunnermalwi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaJane13 View Post
LOL-that's what we do!!! We help each other.

Dollar Tree sells 5/6 foot garlands of silk leaves. For a BUCK! Cut them to length for your tank and add suction cup hooks (True Value hardware has them pretty cheap.) to the ends for Tarzan swings and such.

They also carry suction cup soap dishes that make great ledges for sleeping and resting. Also a BUCK!

Also, RECYCLE!!

I use Gatorade caps for dishes, plastic jar lids for water dishes, paper towel/toilet paper tubes for tunnels, and margarine tubs for hides and lay boxes. The tank may not look fancy, but you're saving money AND the environment!
here anthor tip that can be used for you if you dont like the look of the caps and other things that are being recycled try using this type of paint krylon Fusion it is non toxic and safe to use in tank weather you have reptiles or fish so can paint ur soap dishes and food,water dishes any color you want

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!