AHP Exotics. Buyer Beware!!!!! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-30-2003, 04:18 PM   #31
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Yep Darin, you got me!

Sometimes I drive over the speed limit. Sometimes I pee on the side of buildings when I have NO other options. But do I endanger people's lives and break the law by shipping hots through carriers that aren't designed to ever deal with them? What would have happened had that box broken open at the hub? We all know those packages usually go through hell. So what if the cobra had gotten out of the box at a Fedex or UPS hub? What then? A ball python, hey, that's forgiveable, it can't do any real harm to someone, plus, a ball python is only against company policy, NOT against the law. A Suphan Cobra? Possibly a dead or hospitalised box handler AND against the law.

And yes, if I see a venomous keeper who doesn't know the difference between venom and poison, to me, they've still got alot of learning to do and probably shouldn't be keeping venomous snakes. To me at least, that is an ELEMENTARY piece of information that every venomous keeper should know because venom and poison are two very different things.

As far as how sarcastic he was, if you've been around the BOI a while, you've probably seen how bulletproof some people feel they are and they idiotic comments they will make. This seemed one of those times. Bait or not, it was a stupid comment to make.

However, the focus should not be on Karl Ramsdell, but instead AHP. If Karl needs his own thread to spout wisdom and witty repartee, then I guess he can go to the General BS forum for that, because that is about all it is, BS.

Now, back to the subject AT HAND. I apologise in advance to the Webslave for getting so off subject.

Bottom line, AHP digitally altered a photo to hide a prolapse after being notified of it. According to Karl, they sent him an awesome cobra, but used an illegal method. Those are rather important issues that I hope Bill Albright will feel the need to address.

Old 05-30-2003, 04:40 PM   #32
karl ramsdell
hi

hi everyone. hmm, i have apologized, obviously i wouldnt feed a squirrel to something, i wouldnt freehandle a cobra, and the "poison teeth" thing was a joke. i never thought it would go this far.
i do agree with someone else who posted. i have been reading this forum for a while, and i do think its helps lots of people, especially when they want info before they do business. so many times i have not posted because i knew somene would jump down my throat. i think this forum would be very intimidating for someone who just got on here and wanted some help. i knwo others on here agree with me, but they dont want to say it cuz they will get jumped on too.
so for the record, all i wanted in the first place was to give bill a chance because he seemed like the nicest, sincere guy on the phone. i genuinely felt bad he wasnt here to defend himself.
but i started a war, made a mistake that i admit to. thanks

karl ramsdell

Old 05-30-2003, 04:46 PM   #33
meretseger
I hope that you think very carefully before you agree to have a hot shipped illegally to you again. The $70 extra bucks it costs in shipping is a small price for the safety of our hobby, not to mention those poor package handlers.

Erin Benner
Junior Cult Member

Old 05-30-2003, 06:09 PM   #34
karl ramsdell
hi

this is my last post. im sorry to everyone i offended and made angry. i was out of line saying the things i said. atleast im saying sorry and admitting what i did was wrong. i really dont know what got into me today. i understand you folks are looking out for people's safety, and i respect that. so im SORRY for all its worth! have a ncie day

karl ramsdell

Old 05-30-2003, 09:44 PM   #35
The Dark Grove
I don't know what's up with the moderator of the KS tree boa forum but a simple thread I started regarding this, which was to discuss a disreputable seller geting caugh red handed by Tim, got deleted.

What the hell?

Ralph Chapman

Old 05-31-2003, 12:57 AM   #36
Darin Chappell
Let's not start quoting scripture (or is that MIS-quoting?) in order to say that we're all in the same imperfect boat, so we shouldn't be hard on a guy that admits he's a criminal. The guy is either a being a jerk by participating in illegal actions, or he's a jerk by messing with everyone just to get a rise out of us (Now, where have I heard THAT before???)!

I'm really tired of the old "You guys are a clique, and you always jump on someone without walking a mile in their shoes . . .yada, yada, yada!" Can't we just realize that ther ARE many people (dare I say most) that DO follow the rules of law and basic care in this business/hobby/passion? Can we not also understand that whenever ANYONE flagrantly violates those rules, it hurts ALL of us??? So, when someone comes on here making stupid statements trying to get a rise out of me (or being completely serious until he realizes how bad he's messed up...you decide), I see that as another example of someone making my life harder! I cannot get UPS to talk seriously with me about shipping snakes openly. Why? In part, because they know that if they allow snakes to be shipped, they'll have some moron trying to ship a cobra illegally because "it's fun" to do it that way!!!!

I'm sick of it. I'm sick of the people that portray these types of quick giggle fests at our expense. I've just about gotten to the point of making a list of trouble-makers and posting it publicly with a link to each individual thred here on the BOI. Anyone want to be first on that list????

:Puke:

Old 05-31-2003, 07:06 AM   #37
snkkpr01
Darin, Rob

I understand and agree with what you have said, I guess it because I am one those that feel intimadated posting here. I also agree that the shippign was wrong,(I use delta and ship hots). Now the whole picture changing thing that is just a bunch of BS, these are the things that give honest breeders like you and I a bad name in the business. IE "those reptile people or ALL dishonest" these are the things that really make me sick.
I work hard and try make things right.

I am sorry for making light of the shipping erors and I hope that I will not be shut out for my bad judgement.

P.S. thanks for noticing that it was sciptures.

Old 05-31-2003, 01:18 PM   #38
TimCoplan
KS

I sent ks a report about what happened with AHP exotics. I still have gotten no reply, and I have seen them still posting? I wander why ks isnt doing anything about this? Ralph's post getting deleted? What is up with that? Are there rules about posting FACTS about sellers?

Tim Coplan

Old 05-31-2003, 01:55 PM   #39
karl ramsdell
ahp

wht nake does ahp go by on KS? i cant find any of his ads on there.
karl ramsdell

Old 05-31-2003, 05:04 PM   #40
TimCoplan
I saw some carpet python adds and and some more of his gtps. Havnt seen the yellow neonates in a while though, maybe he got the clue not to post them any more.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!