AHP Exotics. Buyer Beware!!!!! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-31-2003, 06:32 PM   #41
The Dark Grove
KS sent me reply saying that negative posts are against the TOS, my reply is why won't they protect the hobbyists and customers from people like this when they get caught red handed altering a photos of a very seriuos health problem and then trying to sell it as healthy?

Kingsnake has not replied, I'm fairly certain they don't care about anything other than getting your money and I won't renew my account after the poor customer service They've shown me, I don't think very highly of a company that protects a bad seller.

Plenty of other places for to sell mt one or two litters of critters every year and there are dozens of people out there that will continue to do business with KS anyway so one customer like me leaving won't bug KS one bit.

Ralph Chapman

Old 05-31-2003, 07:06 PM   #42
sputnik
KINGSNAKE

Kingsnake won't do a thing about it or about others like Upstate Exotics because they are paying customers!

It's as simple as that.... money first and customer service is out of order and is longer available.

MONEY MONEY MONEY

Quote:
KS sent me reply saying that negative posts are against the TOS
what happened to freedom of speach?

Oh I forgot!!

MONEY MONEY MONEY

Old 06-01-2003, 11:49 PM   #43
ms_terese
Karl,

Thanks for the apology. It's not unusual nor unforgiveable for someone to let something get under their skin and say things they wished they hadn't. I've done it more times than I care to admit.

I hope you understood my point earlier. I'm all for giving someone a chance to make good if they've had problems in the past. There are a myriad of reasons that people make mistakes in this business, and of course no one could repair a tarnished reputation if people didn't offer second and even third chances.

What I object to is helping someone who is NOT trying to rebuild a reputation but IS trying to find ways around doing things the proper, ethical way by giving them your business. This is precisely, I believe, the situation with AHP. While we haven't heard their side of the story yet, the evidence strongly indicates that they altered a photo, lied about taking a snake off the market, and intentionally tried to sell an animal that was misrepresented.

In my opinion, doing business with people that are guilty of this sort of dishonest behavior makes you part of the problem. I think in an industry that has its fair share of dishonest breeders/sellers, it's imperative to support the ones that are doing it the right way and take a stand against those that aren't. However, this is MY opinion, and if anyone else's differs (including yours), I don't hold it against them. My statement that someone had to keep the scammers in business meant exactly that: by purchasing from them, you're assisting them in being successful.

As for the illegal shipment of your cobra, that's another matter entirely. I understand from one of your earlier posts that you really don't want to talk about this transaction any more, but if you decide to, I'd like to know if you were aware that the cobra was going to be shipped illegally. If so, please think long and hard about the points that have been raised here regarding illegal shipments and the repercussions.

To address the "clique" issue, I really encourage everyone who has that opinion (I've heard there are plenty of lurkers out there that do!) to really *READ* the threads and see if people are "attacked" for a having a different opinion. What I see are people who get jumped on for things like a) lying b) being disrespectful to other members and c) making insinuations without proof.

Karl, I sincerely wish you the best of luck with your cobra.... but let me ask you just one more question.....with this thread in mind, did it ever cross your mind that the cobra might have problems you haven't been told about?

Old 06-02-2003, 12:51 AM   #44
karl ramsdell
hi

well Terese, the cobra has done well so far, and i appreciate your concern, and i do believe you genuinely care. it is feeding well, and i have a constant eye on it. the snake is exactly how he described.
as far as bill at ahp, i have sent him several emails to let him know this thread is here, and i know he is aware of this thread. i spoke with him on the phone when i got the snake to let him know it arrived in good health, and at that time i also told him again about the thread on the BOI.
well its been a few days and i actually owe bill 150 dollars and i havent heard from him at all, he has my credit card info and hasnt charged my card. this is a little strange because i do owe him the money, and he kinda dissapeared. im not sure what hes up to.
as for the "click" thing on the BOI, i DO thing the BOI helps buyers and sellers a lot, there is no question there in my mind. but i have seen people state their personal opinions and get jumped on by the same few people. this is my opinion, and i know you dont feel the same way, but we all have our opinions.
no big deal.
as far as my reputation on here, its shot, its my fault, i apologized to you all, and now i just have to live with it.
ill let you know if i hear from bill at all. have a nice night, karl

karl ramsdell

Old 06-02-2003, 01:14 AM   #45
The Dark Grove
Well, this is the reply I got from Kingsnake regarding AHP getting caught red handed altering a photo, I'm not the greatest at pasting things but here goes................

Dear Ralph,

PHWyvern forwarded your email to me for a response.

You asked:

>> . I almost made a purchase from
>> them using their ad on your site. Isn't that something you care about?
>> I've heard you don't but since this affected me directly, I'll ask.

Yes, we do care about it, and for that reason we have a number of ways you can report fraud that appears on our classifieds. The first is you can click on the "Abuse" link that appears on every classified ad, and report it to us there. In addition, you can go to our Complaints/Rip Offs site, which is linked from the main page of the Classifieds and is located at http://market.kingsnake.com/complaint.php , and follow the steps there.

Vendors with unresolved complaints on their accounts are not allowed to renew their classified or obtain a new classified account. Depending on the circumstances, other action may be taken by us, or can be taken by you, or both. The information you need to pursue this is all located on that page.

Wyvern was correctly addressing the issue as it relates to the forums, where for legal reasons we do not allow "bad dealer" notices. I'm sure you have heard of the lawsuit against Ebay brought by someone pegged as a "bad dealer," and can understand how allowing public denouncements based on matters we have no way to verify could create a legal nightmare, and potentially severe hardship for anyone who has been wrongly targeted.

Anyone buying anything, but especially buying a living creature, needs to to ascertain for themselves the integrity of the seller before entering into a transaction. "Buyer beware" is a saying that is thousands of years old, and is as true today as when the Romans first coined it. We do have a system in place to take reports of fraud on our classifieds, but "bad dealer" notices on our forums are not something we can allow.

I hope that this clarifies our position on this issue. Thank you for writing and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Christie Keith
Director of Community Services
PetHobbyist.com
http://www.pethobbyist.com

Hey, it worked!

Tim, maybe you should try their link and send them the photos. See what they have to say/and or do?

Overall it makes sense, at least they actually responded.

Again, good job Tim.

Ralph Chapman

Old 06-03-2003, 04:00 PM   #46
bill albright
Stop! RESPONCE FROM AHP EXOTICS

HEY GUYS,
This is Bill of AHP EXOTICS

This has been brougth to my attention and I would like to clear this matter up. The snake in the picture is not for sale. The picture is to represent the species (chondropython viridis) not the individuals for sale. the picture was altered not to hide a defect in a snake that was to be sold but to show a representation of the species. The only reason the pic was used is it was the only pic of a baby condro we had at the time. the person who posted the ad ment no harm. I have removed this pic from the ad and inserted new ones. I have not , nor would I knowingly sell an unhealthy animal. I offer a thirty day health/satisfaction guarantee with all of my reptiles and in the past three years I have never been ask to replace an animal. No one has been done wrong, no unhealthy animal has been sold. If any one had taken the time to inquire about the ad I could have stopped this from being blown out of proportion. If any of you speek to any one who has ever done business with us they will tell you we are good people who stand behind our animals.
I hope this helps to clear up the matter. If any one has any further questions or coments the fastest and easiest way to deal with them is to call me at 678-300-9805.
sorry for the confusion, Thanks, Bill, AHP EXOTICS

Old 06-03-2003, 04:09 PM   #47
Darin Chappell
Seems to me that it would be easier to take another picture than it would have been to doctor that one. I would have gone with no picture before I used a doctored one, but if I thought I absolutely HAD to use a doctored one, I would sure make it clear in the ad that the picture was not of the animal for sale.

Oh well, that's just my opinion, I guess. Poor judgment on your part, I would say.

Old 06-03-2003, 04:14 PM   #48
ms_terese
Hi Bill,

Now that you're here, could you tell us why you shipped a hot through USPS?

Old 06-03-2003, 04:29 PM   #49
Darin Chappell
Right you are, Terese! I was so underwhelmed by the excuse/explanation offered by Bill about the doctored picture, I nearly forgot about the illegal shipping of a snake through USPS, let alone a HOT specimen!

What about it Bill? Is it true that you shipped in such a way? If so, what possible reason can you offer for THAT????

Old 06-03-2003, 05:21 PM   #50
ms_terese
My mistake, and let me correct it quickly....

Karl did not say the snake was shipped USPS, only that it was shipped overnight and not via proper shipping methods.

The situation still needs to be addressed, however.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!