Need opinions on a bad deal with Tim Bowles of Arboreals of the Rainforest!!! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 07:30 PM   #21
Ghi Reptiles
Quote:
Again nice twisting King Lerer. This is the only type of
Not twisting Tim. Here it is again:

Also I never saw it but I have been told by several people that you put something in the internet about injecting emeralds that are dehydrated and discussed how to do it. Is that true?

How is any of that twisted?

If I am King Lerer can I call you Court Jester Bowles? J/K!

Old 07-18-2003, 08:04 PM   #22
Ghi Reptiles
Got her back from the vet a little while ago and she seems to have absorbed some more of the fluid but there is still some present. She also seems to have some 'denting' in her muscles in some areas, she is weak, and her skin is loose but she is still as pretty as ever Here are a couple of pics I just snapped:

This is an area that seems to be retaining some fluid

This is an upper body shot. This is where she seems a bit thin and her skin is a little loose

This is her head as if you couldn't tell! Very loose skin still around the lower jaw and neck area

I would have moved her around for the pics but she seems almost sore when I touch her in the belly area. All in all she seems a little upbeat but still far from the animal I was expecting. In the condition she is in today I would still never sell an animal like this to anyone.

Old 07-18-2003, 08:08 PM   #23
Randy Bennett
Sick new locale

I have seen a head shot of the snake in question.There is NO
WAY that animal got in that
condition overnight due to shipping.If you have a sick snake, you shouldn't sell it.
PERIOD.NO matter how much someone want's it.Anyone that keeps emeralds well can take one look at that snake and KNOW that that animal is sick, and has been for some time.It should not have been shipped out to anyone,
and honestly I feel sorry for the snake.It WAS at one time a very beautiful animal.Obviously
Tim,you have a grudge against Matt.We all really could care less about that.But when YOU send an animal out in that condition, what do you expect to happen?We have all read the 30
some page thread about you and
joe P.I would hate to see this go on like that, because your
credibility is on the line here
and because of the condition of that animal, YOU DON'T STAND A
CHANCE of convincing anyone that that snake was healthy when you sent it out.Bite the bullet,return Matt's money, and review your husbandry practices.
I'd like to think you are a good guy,but if you let this go on and on, and around and around,
your credibility will be toast!
Is it really worth It? Think
about it and do the right thing.
Don't let this get out of hand.

Old 07-18-2003, 08:11 PM   #24
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Tim,

There is no way you can sit there and honestly say or think that the condition that animal is in is due to the shipping. That is a pre-existing situation that was well before the shipping and most likely the injections were done right before sticking her in the box to ship her. I would highly suggest that you take responsibility for your actions and refund his money for the snake. There is nothing your going to say that is going to make it look like she obtained the fluids under her skin and dehydration from the shipping. If it is true that you are selling off your collection, I hope that none of the other animals are in this sad of shape and you don't try and pull this with someone else.

Old 07-18-2003, 11:41 PM   #25
Classic Dum's
Tim, a simple yes or no will do, (1)did you shot the animals up with some kind of fluid??????????
(2)If the answer is yes please explain why?????
I am sure I am not the only person sitting here scratching my head wondering why you would ship an animal in that condition. There seems to be a rash of people getting out of the hobby here latly and igniting every bridge they pass. I hope that isnt the case with you, however if you post agin within this thread and ignore question one or answer it with anything but a yes or no, Ill have no choice but to rank ya up there with Fred Albury, matt Martin and Joe P(who you so loved poking fun at). If the answer is yes please explain why you would ship an animal in that condition.

Old 07-18-2003, 11:52 PM   #26
Ghi Reptiles
Hey Jason,

When I asked Tim wednesday night he said no. Since mid day wednesday up until today I have shown the pics to about ten guys who are some of the best when it comes to arboreals and one of them is definately one of the true pioneers of arboreal husbandry and they all had the same opinion that this happened. Me I couldn't tell you but it sure is weird. Even the two vets that examined her came to the same conclusion. I hope she does alright but for now she is a little weak.

Old 07-19-2003, 12:55 AM   #27
Nett
I am a vet tech at a small animal clinic (15yrs)and have given enough SQ injections to dehydrated snakes to know what it looks likes........And that snake looks like it was given a HUGE amount of SQ fluids ....Also I am wondering if she was also tube fed fluids and ended up puking in the sack.........Is that why it was all wet ??????She must have been very dehydrated to start with due to the loose skin on the parts of her body that werent filled with fluid......Hopefully she wasnt given a lethel dose .......Animals have been know to drown from an over dose of fluids.....

I hate to think that someone like Tim would do this ........

Old 07-19-2003, 01:19 AM   #28
Marcial Mendez
Wow

I've just spent the last hour reading this post in disbelief... I feel sorry for that poor animal. I know that Tim usually likes to sit pretty high & mighty when critiquing other deals gone bad... just like Neil Gubitz did... we know what kind of guy he turned out to be. Now I'm no expert when it comes to injections, but I feel 100% certain that whatever happened to that snake did not happen as a result of shipping. The whole deal just sounds fishy... Tim selling off his collection, etc. Plus, I know he's a nurse, so he would have access to syringes...

Old 07-19-2003, 01:26 AM   #29
Classic Dum's
Quote:
Plus, I know he's a nurse, so he would have access to syringes...
You can get them at any farm feed store for withy a large animal vet .25 or so, so they arnt hard to come by.

Quote:
When I asked Tim wednesday night he said no
Thanks dude but I want to read his answer to my questions. [quote](1)did you shot the animals up with some kind of fluid??????????
(2)If the answer is yes please explain why?????
QUOTE] They still stand Tim, as I said before #1 a simple yes or no will do, if the answer is yes then please answer #2.

Old 07-19-2003, 01:30 AM   #30
Nett
Matt,

Is there any chance of getting a full body pic from the side as well as from the top ??????? I would like to see if she has the classic long tube like fills u would get from large amounts of fluid injected under the skin........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread