Documenting Breeding, Egg Laying & Hatching - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you document breeding, eggs laying and hatching?
I document when my leos, breed, lay eggs & when eggs hatch 21 95.45%
I don't document breeding within my leo colony 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2006, 06:00 PM   #11
dragonflyreptiles
I mark the eggs with the date laid and use an index card once hatched for the other records for weights etc and enter it into herp care software a couple of times a month just as a backup. I had all of my cards get a soda spilt on them last summer and lost alot of info.

Old 04-05-2006, 06:48 PM   #12
Milwaukee Reptiles
When the eggs are laid I mark them with the lay date and the parents. When they hatch they get their own AnimalID and I enter them into my web database. The database contains the weights, photos, and other information about the animal. My website then uses this information to display the animal information on my website automagically =).

I found combining the two make website maintanence a lot easier and backups are are simple as storing a text file somewhere.

Old 04-05-2006, 08:39 PM   #13
acpart
I record each date of laying and hatching in my journal with a circle around the date for laying and a square for hatching. I list for each week how many weeks each clutch is. It makes the waiting easier and I love updating the next week each Sunday night. I have a word processing document for each pairing listing important info from laying through selling.

Old 04-05-2006, 09:31 PM   #14
bro paul
I get a new notebook every year...and sometimes a new pen! Maybe I'll upgrade one day, but I doubt it. For those of you that write on your eggs, what do you use? I mark mine with a sharpie just to keep them right side up, but I wouldn't want to write very much on them with a sharpie...I guess?

Old 04-05-2006, 11:38 PM   #15
Milwaukee Reptiles
I wouldn't want to write a whole lot on the eggs themselves either. I would think a thin sharpie would work fine.

Old 04-06-2006, 08:40 AM   #16
geckogrl6
I mostly use pen and paper myself, plus post-its on the egg cups.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!