Just saying howdy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-27-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
AbsoluteApril
Just saying howdy

Hello! I've been on fauna for a while, usually in the BOI or classifieds. I figured I'd come check out these forums as I try to wean myself off of another site... As I started posting in old threads I thought it might be good to introduce myself... I see a few familiar faces over here already.
I'm April (hisba or absoluteapril on other forums), been keeping reptiles for 10 years, just snakes for the past 7 years. It's a hobby and I sometimes breed, I was lucky enough to have two litters of Bci in 2003 and one litter in 2006. Maybe I'll get lucky again this coming season.
I have a small variety of snakes, mostly colombian boas with a couple ATBs and corn snakes. I used to focus on corn snakes but moved over to boas a while back... boas are Best Of All! heh
Looking forward to posting here, seeing all the beautiful pics and hopefully getting some good advice and maybe giving some too!
-April

Old 08-28-2008, 07:02 AM   #2
Junkyard
April, it is nice to have you around! I like that avatar of yours, boas can really make a nice negative.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:23 PM   #3
crotalusadamanteus
Glad to have another poster in the forums. Glad you decided to come around.

Rick

Old 08-29-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
thanks for the welcome! I'll take some new pics over the weekend and get some images added to this thread. Threads are always more fun with pics.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:23 PM   #5
geckogrl6
Welcome! I did notice you had some experience with BRBs, and I'm looking forward to racking your brain on that! Got my first, after graduating from corns and my geckoes. Now almost a year old, and thankfully, still quite orange.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:07 PM   #6
AbsoluteApril
Anytime, shoot away. I didn't have a lot of experience, but always happy to share what I did learn. My first BRB was an adult rescue, he had about 7 layers of stuck shed on his tail and ended up losing quite a few scales on the tip. The other was a young female. They both have good homes now, lots of times I wonder why I sold them. Ah well.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:47 PM   #7
Laura Fopiano
Welcome aboard April! I know your name from the other site, I read over there and post over here LOL Good to have other women boa keepers posting here!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!