Any care sheets or general info on scincopus fasciatus? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-19-2014, 11:22 AM   #1
redrob13B
Exclamation Any care sheets or general info on scincopus fasciatus?

I have noticed a great deal of these lizards hitting the pet trade with in the last month but I have yet to see any info on them. I know they are nocturnal and feed on dubai and other insects. What about basking temps? Is there care similar to schneider skinks? Any help would be great I would like to own a pair since they may never be this easy to get again.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:47 PM   #2
redrob13B
So no one here has a peter's banded skink? Or info on them....

Old 12-02-2014, 03:03 PM   #3
queensgambitdown
I know this is an old post but I thought I would throw this up there for anyone who may be interested.

I have a few. Getting more in tomorrow. There is a group on facebook called Scincopus (Peter's Banded Skink). VERY informative. They aren't very active in posts but they are pretty quick to answer questions.

From what I have experienced here are some tips:
VERY nocturnal, I do not see them at all until late 11-12pm. I also see them when I get up for work in the mornings (4-5am)

For me they have eaten Dubia roaches, orange spotted roaches, super worms, crickets and horn worms. I have not seen them eat any fruits and veggies, but people have observed them doing it.

basking temps: I keep hot side around 100 F cool side mid 80s (they are in a large community tank)

I also soak 1x per week. Hope this helps.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!