New boa, BCI? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-22-2014, 06:02 PM   #1
54bogger
New boa, BCI?

This is my first boa so I want to hear from some experts, is this a BCI? I think it is but what do y'all say.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:16 PM   #2
Bronx Boa
Looks like it could be an anery!

The BronX BoA

Old 08-22-2014, 07:46 PM   #3
JCCS
Not an anery. It's a Central American or Nicaraguan, whichever you prefer to call it.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:47 PM   #4
JCCS
But yes, it would fall under the subspecies of BCI. Was just giving locality to be a bit more specific, as a ton of localities, including the common Colombian are BCI as well.

Chris

Old 08-22-2014, 08:07 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
agreed, too much color in the tail to be an anery IMO.

Very pretty BCI with nice body structure, congrats on the pick up!

Old 08-23-2014, 09:50 AM   #6
54bogger
Thank's for y'all's help, I thought from pic's I've seen that he may be a BCI. I got him off CL and he was in a filthy cage and alittle cranky. The first 3 days I had him he struck at me more than a dozen times, once he hit me on the side of my head just above my ear! Now 2wks later with a bigger and cleaner cage with a hide (which he didnt have before) and daily handling he's alot more mellow. He hasnt struck at me in over a week now.lol

Old 08-23-2014, 06:03 PM   #7
Fangthane
Not that my confirmation is needed; but Nicaraguan was the first thing that popped in my head when I saw the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54bogger View Post
The first 3 days I had him he struck at me more than a dozen times, once he hit me on the side of my head just above my ear! Now 2wks later with a bigger and cleaner cage with a hide (which he didnt have before) and daily handling he's alot more mellow.
For future reference, it's always a good idea to give new acquisitions a reasonable acclimation period before subjecting them to the additional stress of unnecessary handling. I can definitely understand the excitement of getting a new pet; but these can be fickle creatures. Small, subtle "mistakes" on your part can have lasting consequences that may make the whole experience a bit less enjoyable for a while. I'd have probably recommended giving it a good two weeks with minimal interaction, to adjust to it's new environment. Especially in a case where it may have received questionable care from the previous owner.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:11 AM   #8
54bogger
Your right I should have, it would have caused alot less stress on the BOTH of us. Just how often do y'all take your boa's out and for how long?

Old 08-26-2014, 01:30 PM   #9
54bogger
Well I guess by the non response, not to often or for very long.lol
I take mine out at least every other day except when feeding.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:00 PM   #10
Reptile Frenzy
Barry thats a nice boa cant wait until we can get more into them. Thanks for sharing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!