Reptaid? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 05-27-2011, 01:35 AM   #1
Katie.Shinkle
Reptaid?

Anyone have any experience using this stuff? I have a bearded dragon (baby) that goes on and off food, pretty sure he's stressed as I've never had this problem. I've since covered his tank to keep him from seeing me, and thought it might be beneficial to treat with Reptaid (at least, from what I'm reading it's supposed to do). Would LOVE to hear your experiences with it! Thanks!

Old 05-29-2011, 12:47 AM   #2
tomb9712
It does work very well if you use it correctly. You have to follow the dosing and treatment length. Never used it on stress though. It did wonders for parasites.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:12 AM   #3
Katie.Shinkle
Thanks! It wouldn't be for treating stress obviously, but to increase appetite.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
millipede
I would recommend reptiad, but do you have any idea what may be causing the stress? Is he a recent arrival?

Old 06-01-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
Katie.Shinkle
Quote:
Originally Posted by millipede View Post
I would recommend reptiad, but do you have any idea what may be causing the stress? Is he a recent arrival?
I got him earlier this year but just recently moved, so I'm guessing it's mainly that.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:42 PM   #6
millipede
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie.Shinkle View Post
I got him earlier this year but just recently moved, so I'm guessing it's mainly that.
If so, maybe he can recover from it on his own with increased temperatures and food variety, unless it's been going off and on for some time.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:08 PM   #7
redhood23
can you use it for ball pythons? I have a male green ghost that will not feed at all.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #8
millipede
Ball pythons refuse to eat for many reasons...force feeding reptaid may make the problem worse. Are you feeding live or f/t?

Old 06-01-2011, 09:36 PM   #9
tomb9712
It really depends how big the ball is. If it's less then 200 grams I would say yes, 300 - 500 less effective, over 500 not all that effective. I used on balls so i say this from experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhood23 View Post
can you use it for ball pythons? I have a male green ghost that will not feed at all.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:34 PM   #10
Katie.Shinkle
It's been since we moved here (3 months or so?). He won't eat outside his tub, or if I'm near his tank, but by the time I'm out of view and he's confident enough, most of the roaches are out of the bowl and under the paper towels. He's stubborn Haha.