Forum mods..... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:52 PM   #1
WebSlave
Exclamation Forum mods.....

I just got a private message that surprised me. Someone asked me (more or less) why they still had mod powers after I had discontinued the forum mods.

Well, that's because I DIDN'T end the forum mods at all. I simply removed the mods only forum and disabled the column to the right of the forums showing the forum mods, but that was it. I felt the mods only forum was mostly used in relation to the Warning Points System program, and those persons able to utilize that function, which after that was terminated, made that forum really not necessary any longer. As for the forum mod column being visible, I just felt it best to remove it, but can't give you any really good answer as to why. I seem to recall thinking that screen real estate would be better served without it, and it didn't really seem to have any good substantial reason for being there other than for my own information. But I can see how some may have interpretted it the way the pm indicated.....

No, all the forum mods who were in place before the above mentioned changes are still in place today. If any feel that the mod column would be better back in place, I will consider doing so if the reasons are persuasive enough.

Sorry about any confusion this may have caused anyone.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:21 AM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
It was me, sorry! Rich, you can ignore my latest PM, I found my answer.

I thought I read that the mod program wasn't working out and was being closed down, I didn't realize it was just the pay to play mods. I've been in hospitals and doctors visits frequently the past 2 months, so I know I missed some things (ok, a lot of things...I have barely been anywhere online lately) going on here.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:31 AM   #3
hhmoore
For the most part, I don't think there is a whole lot of need for showing the identity of the forum mod. About the only one that comes to mind is if he/she is warning a member about their behavior/post. In theory, a warning from the moderator of that forum should have a bit more impact than a random member's.
I used to utilize that information quite a bit, prior to the Report Post icon being reactivated, but I can't recall looking for it since.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!