Maybe I'm missing something....... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-09-2003, 05:08 PM   #1
DavidBeard
Maybe I'm missing something.......

This has me confused.........

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=32&de=100714

2 grand for some pastel-LOOKING snakes??? He doesn't even know if they are true morphs.......can you say rip-off?

Old 06-09-2003, 05:10 PM   #2
cyberfrog
I got a little male that looks just like those for $15!!!!!!!!!! $2k, I don't think so, that's rediculous.

Old 06-09-2003, 05:13 PM   #3
ms_terese
No, it's a rip off if he were to pass them off as proven morphs. This way, he's giving people the option of hedging their bets based on the appearance.

Old 06-09-2003, 05:37 PM   #4
DavidBeard
It is a rip-off if he is tryin to sell NORMALS at a morph price. What if somebody pays him 2 g's for some normal ball pythons?

Old 06-09-2003, 05:46 PM   #5
Darin Chappell
What if someone pays him that amount, and the animals produce a heretofore unknown, simple recessive, morph in the ball python world? Those animals could be worth tens of thousands of dollars EACH!!

Uh . . .probably not.

All Terese was saying (and rightly so, I might add), was that since the seller does not claim that the animals are anything other than unusually colored normals, which "MIGHT" produce something else, he has not comitted a fraud on anyone. He has simply put the best light possible on the snakes he has for sale. Personally, I find it unethical to suggest that something "MIGHT" be there when the odds are astronomically against them being ANYTHING but normals, but he has worded his ad in such a way as to let him off the hook, legally speaking.

Nevertheless, it is for situations such as this that the Latin phrase, Caveat emptor! is remembered. Let the buyer beware! And, if he will not, let the buyer learn a good lesson from his mistake!

Old 06-09-2003, 05:46 PM   #6
jdg
They're honestly represented. He's being up front about the fact that he really has no idea if they'll prove out. Either someone will end up with very overpriced normals or someone will end up with very inexpensive pastels, and either way the buyer should know what he/she is paying for if they just read the ad.

Old 06-09-2003, 05:53 PM   #7
DavidBeard
I see your point(s), but I just got a bad feeling when I read the ad. It seems like he is just BSing to get more money out of them. With all the different morphs out there, especially with balls, I'm sure there are thousands of animals that are het for something (even if it is small) and still get sold at normal prices.

Old 06-09-2003, 05:53 PM   #8
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Well Mr. Beard,

If you were to take a look at the BOI and check up on me you will find that I am not a rip off by any means. I am not selling them at the Morph prices. The prices of True Pastels are $1000-$3000ea. I am selling this group for $2000 because I honestly think they are worth it. It seems to me that YOU don't even know the morph prices. If you were to see them in person you would not be gabbing as much as you are about them being nothing but normal. I as well as any other seller can price any animal that they have for sale at any price they feel it is worth and if a customer agrees then they can purchase them. It is nice to know that there are people out there like yourself that have nothing better to do than to try and nit pick at everything you see others doing. As I stated on the other thread earlier, if anyone would like to stop by and see them in person you are more than welcome. If I were trying to sell them as True Pastels or as genetic then that would be a rip off (which I am not) I am selling gorgeous snakes that appear to be like Pastels.
And to CyberFrog If you purchased one that looks like these for $15 that you got a great deal but mind you the pictures are not anywhere near what they look like in person.

Old 06-09-2003, 05:55 PM   #9
cyberfrog
I'm not saying they were falsely represented, just that I think it's rediculous to claim them having a chance to be something when everyone knows there isn't a snowballs chance in hell of them actually being some rare morph. Why, because I have a baby male that looks almost exactly like that. I paid $15 for him. Half of the other baby imports I saw with him looked like that. They will grow up, lose baby color, and be everyday BP's. Everyone knows it. I also think had that not been Rob from RK Reptiles, there would be more unhappiness being shown.

Old 06-09-2003, 06:01 PM   #10
cyberfrog
Well, I was pretty much gonna delete my last post because it seems a little more inflammatory than I meant to be. Also, it's not really my problem. I wouldn't buy them, but I'm not everyone. Unfortunately, I can't edit my own posts, so it'll stay there. Just trying to say that $2000 for an extreme long shot is a little silly. That's about it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!