What's with the mods... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
What's with the mods...

Been noticing the mods have been running in stealth mode. What's up with that? Been taking pointers from our government? HA HA HA

Seriously though, I know you can "hide", but when I see a post happen seconds after I post, then i post again, and seconds later another post...meanwhile, you don't even show up as viewing the thread....it's obvious you're there, but hidden.

So, what gives? Is there some sort of purpose behind it? Is it actually helping you catch people breaking the rules, or cutting back on the "negative" posts? Just don't get the "why" of it all. ??? Should we start calling y'alll "the feds"? LOL

I think most of you will know I could care less, since I'm the same whether you're there or not. But I'm a curious sort of person, so...

Rick

Old 03-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
doncha know it's hip to be hidden?

I had to go along with what the other mods were doing. (actually it's all Utta's fault)

We like to be very very sneaky. Super sneaky. Don't underestimate the sneakiness
(0-2:15):

Old 03-28-2012, 01:28 AM   #3
hhmoore
I'm a copycat....noticed that Dennis Hultman was never here, even when he was, so I started looking for how he did it. I've turned it off, periodically, but usually go back for one reason or another (such as seeing people stalking my profile)

Old 03-28-2012, 07:04 AM   #4
crotalusadamanteus
HA HA HA "I fear, you are underestimating my sneakiness sir" Classic.

Stalkers Harald? Uh huh, riigghhtt. LOL When I notice someone has visited my profile a bit more often then what would seem normal, i just start popping into theirs so they know i see them. It usually stops after that. It is kinda creepy though when you see the same person has visited your profile every time you go there.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
WebSlave
I guess it serves the same purpose as the security cameras you see in retail shops. You know they all can't be manned all the time, but you know that SOME of them might be. And there are instances where particular persons become of "special interest" and need a closer eye kept on them, so I presume the mods prefer doing it in such a way so as to not change a person's actions artificially by letting them know they are under closer scrutiny.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #6
Focal
Move like ninjas.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #7
crotalusadamanteus
Ahh, I get it. Like a speed trap of sorts.

Hey, I guess if it works to weed out the...um...rif raf, then it makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I guess it serves the same purpose as the security cameras you see in retail shops. You know they all can't be manned all the time, but you know that SOME of them might be. And there are instances where particular persons become of "special interest" and need a closer eye kept on them, so I presume the mods prefer doing it in such a way so as to not change a person's actions artificially by letting them know they are under closer scrutiny.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!