Bad Guy Michael Gentry (Scam artist) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-13-2014, 07:51 AM   #1
mfsidore
Michael Gentry (Scam artist)

We started the deal as a cash deal but because he didn't have the funds the person Michael Gentry suggested a trade, we wrote up a document saying that's authorities will contacted if one person didn't do their part in the trade, we agreed to ship at the same time, pictures were exchanged, information about the animals was exchanged. everything he wanted to know I told him and most of the stuff I wanted to know was told to me. I shipped using the ups with the box labeled live plants because everyone told me that because it was only a one time thing it would be fine, I'm working on getting certified. I hare shipping lice animals, but Long story short I shipped out, and after multiple excuses Michael gentry did not. He lied and said he got there too late, then he said he left to go ship only for an hour later he say he got the package and I didn't put the heat tape and foil tape in the box. I told him before I was going to ship that box using typical shipping to save money. After saying that I scammed him, I didn't hear back from him till 4 am. He said the snakes were malnourished, neglected, he was going to file me for un authorized shipping (which I would understand). He is saying and acting like I scammed him when I haven't even gotten a tracking number for a box yet. I have a electronically signed document by him through email, I have texts from both of his phone numbers (cause he refused to answer the phone ever) I have all of his info. And so on. I will post the proof as people ask, but not till later as I'm going to the sheriffs office today to file a report. Please if any Michael Gentry, 423 217 9484 number or 423 389 9972 number texts you don't answer or conduct business with him/it. Thanks

Michael Sidore

Old 08-13-2014, 07:52 AM   #2
mfsidore
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfsidore View Post
We started the deal as a cash deal but because he didn't have the funds the person Michael Gentry suggested a trade, we wrote up a document saying that's authorities will contacted if one person didn't do their part in the trade, we agreed to ship at the same time, pictures were exchanged, information about the animals was exchanged. everything he wanted to know I told him and most of the stuff I wanted to know was told to me. I shipped using the ups with the box labeled live plants because everyone told me that because it was only a one time thing it would be fine, I'm working on getting certified. I hare shipping lice animals, but Long story short I shipped out, and after multiple excuses Michael gentry did not. He lied and said he got there too late, then he said he left to go ship only for an hour later he say he got the package and I didn't put the heat tape and foil tape in the box. I told him before I was going to ship that box using typical shipping to save money. After saying that I scammed him, I didn't hear back from him till 4 am. He said the snakes were malnourished, neglected, he was going to file me for un authorized shipping (which I would understand). He is saying and acting like I scammed him when I haven't even gotten a tracking number for a box yet. I have a electronically signed document by him through email, I have texts from both of his phone numbers (cause he refused to answer the phone ever) I have all of his info. And so on. I will post the proof as people ask, but not till later as I'm going to the sheriffs office today to file a report. Please if any Michael Gentry, 423 217 9484 number or 423 389 9972 number texts you don't answer or conduct business with him/it. Thanks

Michael Sidore
I hate shipping live animals* if something doesn't make sense please mention it because using my iPad a lot of thing will get changed from spell check.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:12 AM   #3
Lucille
First: Mislabelling a box that was just not a good thing to do, one time or not. Nor is skimping on shipping supplies to save money when live critters are involved. And I thought UPS did not permit the shipping of snakes?
Second: Can you post pictures of the critters so we can see how they looked? If he received critters and they are in fact malnourished perhaps he has good reason not to complete his part of the trade.
Have you notified Michael Gentry of this thread?
Third: What exactly are you expecting the sheriff to do about this unfinished trade?

Old 08-13-2014, 08:40 AM   #4
mfsidore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
First: Mislabelling a box that was just not a good thing to do, one time or not. Nor is skimping on shipping supplies to save money when live critters are involved. And I thought UPS did not permit the shipping of snakes?
Second: Can you post pictures of the critters so we can see how they looked? If he received critters and they are in fact malnourished perhaps he has good reason not to complete his part of the trade.
Have you notified Michael Gentry of this thread?
Third: What exactly are you expecting the sheriff to do about this unfinished trade?
One:
I know it's isn't a good thing to do, I hate shipping to begin with. I didn't skimp on shipping supplies to save money. Part of the trade was heat and foil tape. The fool drape alone was 3 pounds and would have been 60 dollars to ship alone. Ups doesn't allow the shipping of snakes, but believe it or not 2 out of 3 people from FedEx told me to use ups and label the box otherwise if it was only a 1 time thing. It had fragile, this side up, all of the things a reptile box would have on it, I don't expect anything to happen.
Two: I feed all of my snakes 2 of whatever they need twice weekly, but anyway I can later, he waited 16 hours to tell me the were apparently "malnourished" and they aren't and pictures later will prove it, plus it is right for him to swear, call me names, lie? So it's ok for him to steal the snakes? He said I was "screwing" him when I don't have anything left at all, never got anything from him, and now he's got my stuff.
Three:
They told me to come in, they told me to post this thread, they told me to post craigslist ads, I'm doing what the sheriff said. I only called them because my neighbors all police and they said to, just to file a report.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:41 AM   #5
mfsidore
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfsidore View Post
One:
I know it's isn't a good thing to do, I hate shipping to begin with. I didn't skimp on shipping supplies to save money. Part of the trade was heat and foil tape. The fool drape alone was 3 pounds and would have been 60 dollars to ship alone. Ups doesn't allow the shipping of snakes, but believe it or not 2 out of 3 people from FedEx told me to use ups and label the box otherwise if it was only a 1 time thing. It had fragile, this side up, all of the things a reptile box would have on it, I don't expect anything to happen.
Two: I feed all of my snakes 2 of whatever they need twice weekly, but anyway I can later, he waited 16 hours to tell me the were apparently "malnourished" and they aren't and pictures later will prove it, plus it is right for him to swear, call me names, lie? So it's ok for him to steal the snakes? He said I was "screwing" him when I don't have anything left at all, never got anything from him, and now he's got my stuff.
Three:
They told me to come in, they told me to post this thread, they told me to post craigslist ads, I'm doing what the sheriff said. I only called them because my neighbors all police and they said to, just to file a report.
Foil tape*

Old 08-13-2014, 08:47 AM   #6
mfsidore
Forgot, I also was informed to keep all of the texts and emails but eliminated comunictaion with him.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:52 AM   #7
hhmoore
How did you come into contact with this person? I'm guessing he responded to an ad of yours, but that isn't made clear in your posts. Where was the advertisement?

Old 08-13-2014, 08:56 AM   #8
mfsidore
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
How did you come into contact with this person? I'm guessing he responded to an ad of yours, but that isn't made clear in your posts. Where was the advertisement?
Sorry, He came in contact with me through an ad on here, he texted me... He says he has a brother on here and he used his account, and I think I know who it's is but I'd hate to makes false accusation.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:18 AM   #9
hhmoore
Those are Bristol, TN numbers.
Would you mind posting the "document" that you came up with for your agreement?
(The shipping info would be helpful, as well - if you aren't willing to post it, you can PM me)

Old 08-13-2014, 09:20 AM   #10
mfsidore
https://gq1-attach.ymail.com/us.f163...wYt7_lpDlPEg--

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!