Bad Guy Michael Gentry (Scam artist) - Page 34 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-24-2014, 08:33 AM   #331
JColt
There is going to be people who crucify the kid no matter what proof is posted. He lied and admitted it. I'm sure he has learned a couple of valuable lesson's. Hopefully he get's out of here without submitting Blood, Urine and Semen sample.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:26 AM   #332
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
With all you've done to investigate this issue, I feel your time is being maliciously wasted. The lying apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Now all of a sudden the parents are willing to be involved? ... As for Fangthane, your damn right his parents would be under scrutiny here. RIGHTFULLY SO!
Quote:
I'd like to know how and why the accused got the parent's phone numbers.
Quote:
I do think that if he had any parental guidance, he would not have made this deal to begin with.
I personally wanted to speak to a parent so that I made sure that I was not wasting my time and entering the world of complete Jerry Springer. The parents have been involved since the beginning in telling their son 'not' to do the trade and that it was foolish. Despite their efforts to give him counsel not to, he went ahead and did it on his own (a teenager). They in turn are perfectly fine letting him learn his lesson the hard way. Only after Mike begged his mother to talk to me did she. She clearly stated that she has other obligations and children to attend to and that Mike went against her advice and he was going to have to live with it. The scammer got the parents phone numbers because that is their family phone line that Mike used. The parents are pretty upset at Mike for giving out family information as well. Mike is in hot water with his parents for dragging them into this. She did confirm the family ties to law enforcement as well and that they all came to the absolute conclusion that the snakes are gone and their is nothing that can be done about it. Being in her shoes (I'm a parent of several children myself) if my kid told me I need to get on forum and defend my parenting to a bunch of strangers after I told my kid not do something... I would let them learn their lesson the hard way too.

Mike has flat out lied to us all, period. I think Mike should learn his lesson the hard way too, and he 'hopefully' is right now. I have one last push left in me on this thread, if any thing to help the parents out and prove to myself and others that there are still good people out there that are willing to help out even when there is zero reward, PLUS I hate scammers!

Old 08-24-2014, 09:47 AM   #333
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
I personally wanted to speak to a parent so that I made sure that I was not wasting my time and entering the world of complete Jerry Springer. The parents have been involved since the beginning in telling their son 'not' to do the trade and that it was foolish. Despite their efforts to give him counsel not to, he went ahead and did it on his own (a teenager). They in turn are perfectly fine letting him learn his lesson the hard way. Only after Mike begged his mother to talk to me did she. She clearly stated that she has other obligations and children to attend to and that Mike went against her advice and he was going to have to live with it. The scammer got the parents phone numbers because that is their family phone line that Mike used. The parents are pretty upset at Mike for giving out family information as well. Mike is in hot water with his parents for dragging them into this. She did confirm the family ties to law enforcement as well and that they all came to the absolute conclusion that the snakes are gone and their is nothing that can be done about it. Being in her shoes (I'm a parent of several children myself) if my kid told me I need to get on forum and defend my parenting to a bunch of strangers after I told my kid not do something... I would let them learn their lesson the hard way too.

Mike has flat out lied to us all, period. I think Mike should learn his lesson the hard way too, and he 'hopefully' is right now. I have one last push left in me on this thread, if any thing to help the parents out and prove to myself and others that there are still good people out there that are willing to help out even when there is zero reward, PLUS I hate scammers!
Good enough Robert. Thank you. That being the case, I apologize to Mike and his parents for my accusations. I don't however regret grilling him and calling him out on his lies and truly hope he has learned alot here. Mike, good luck in your herping future. Be straight with with people, and there will be rewards in the future. Hopefully we'll see good guy posts on you in the future.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:52 AM   #334
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Okay everyone. I did in fact just get off the phone with Mike's mother for the past 20-25 minutes. She is a very nice, articulate and concerned mother. She basically confirmed everything that Mike has said previously. She even knew about him lying earlier in the beginning of the thread. After speaking with her, I have zero doubts that Mike is who says he is and is being honest with us all now.

She added that the scammer had been harassing their family in the early hours of the morning on Mike's parents phone numbers too.

Mike has come clean and is trying to get this worked out. If we are going to help moving forward and direct attention to someone lets focus on the scammer instead.

So what help can be done on this thread now?

1. Mike is out his snakes. Mike will never get his snakes back either with or without police involvement. I will take care of this one on a personal level and help him out soon.

2. The only thing on the thread in my eyes left to do, is to flush the scammer out, expose him and isolate him to the herp world.
"Mike's parent's phone numbers too" made me think that they had seperate lines not involved with the deal. That's why I questioned it.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #335
Lucille
Quote:

I appreciate that you made the call, and it does seem that his recent account about his age and family is legit.
Mike has his shortcomings (as do we all) but after your call, I think I will wait and see how he proceeds.
Hopefully he will rise above any further temptations to lie, and I am including in this any temptation to fib when making shipments in the future.
I hate scammers as well, and while the prospect of recovery is bleak right now, there is always hope.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:45 PM   #336
mfsidore
Quote:

anymore info I can give?

Old 08-24-2014, 10:03 PM   #337
Robert Walker
Yes, go to this link and look over the information. Compare it with what you have in the texts, emails etc that you have received. Look for matches. PM first before posting your findings.

Did you speak to Chris Kennard too? You should if you have not already.

Link:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=1#post1746363

Old 08-24-2014, 11:06 PM   #338
mfsidore
Quote:
Yes, go to this link and look over the information. Compare it with what you have in the texts, emails etc that you have received. Look for matches. PM first before posting your findings.

Did you speak to Chris Kennard too? You should if you have not already.

Link:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=1#post1746363
Will do, and yes we will be talking via phone sometime after 6 pm.

Old 08-25-2014, 06:04 AM   #339
demonss
I wonder if that jessica sproles name has anything to do with the jessi from the email address.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:36 AM   #340
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonss View Post
I wonder if that jessica sproles name has anything to do with the jessi from the email address.
Keep following that path...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!