Missing! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-28-2006, 10:43 PM   #1
hhmoore
Missing!

Yesterday, I took a last trip into the critter room about an hour before I left for work. As I gave things the quick once over, I noticed an empty box...one that was supposed to contain my male Cape York Spotted python. Well, life being what it is lately, I was stressed about a few other things, and just had no urge to look...so off I went. I got home this morning, and took a look at the box - yup, definitely his...but why was it on that shelf? No matter - gotta find him, regardless. I pulled out the ol' MagLite, and started checking some of the favorite spots (on top of, and behind the huge sterilites). Nothing. I was just about to pull the smaller of the big, heavy racks out to check behind them when it hit me: there was a box where the male CY was supposed to be. Since I had the flashlight in hand, I just lit up a couple of boxes. All the CY spotteds are accounted for. I don't know why, but I had pulled a clean box for him instead of doing the quick clean (it really wasn't dirty, but I had thrown a few left over rat pups in with him and he didn't eat one), and left the old one sitting there.
OK, I'm just not very bright sometimes...but at least I didn't have a snake loose!!

Old 05-31-2006, 10:28 PM   #2
Junkyard
You're losing it. Seems like you can use a break from everything. Let me know when you want to come out here to California, our sun and waves are awesome.

Old 06-01-2006, 12:09 AM   #3
hhmoore
I'm getting it all back under control, though...I should be back to my ol' self in no time. I'm definitely ready for some time off, which I will be arranging for shortly - too bad I have so darn many things that need doing, lol. I will be taking a couple days just for me, though. Due to some recent changes around here, I don't think any out of state trips will be happening for a while - how 'bout a raincheck?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!