Geckos are not breeding. Why not? Plz help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-10-2007, 03:00 PM   #1
bandit42
Geckos are not breeding. Why not? Plz help

I have a pair of breeding size geckos but they are not breeding. Why not?

plz reply

Old 04-10-2007, 03:25 PM   #2
1Bob
I assume there is one of each gender. If so, then I would guess there is some sort of stress involved. Temps, hides, ect. If that's all good. I read on here a technique that gets the male all horned up and boning in no time. If you have another male, put a fresh turd from him in with the breeding (hopefully breeding) pair. The scent will drive him wild and hopefully he'll realize that if he doesn't get moving there's another male near by to take his place.

Old 04-10-2007, 03:31 PM   #3
bandit42
I appreciate your help.Thanks alot. Ill give that a shot.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:18 PM   #4
LadyGecko
How old are they/what weights and how long have you had them together?

Some males are slower than others to 'get the hang of what it is all about"

The only thought that I have with introducing fecal matter into their cage from another gecko is of course to make sure that it is from another healthy fecal checked male

Would it simply be enough to place an unsoiled paper towel from one of your other males tanks/tubs into their tank/tub??

I would think that they scent from the male would still be on the paper towel without the feces as with just handling one male after another- or weighing one after another-they seem to pick up on the fact that there was another male around
just a thought..........

Sandy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!